Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the process of rebuilding a 1996 ZX6R and the price of buying a 1996 set of fairings is ridiculous around $500 I’m wondering if I could use a 07-08 set that I found for $300. Will the overall size be correct? I can make the brackets to mount not scared of that. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I’m in the process of rebuilding a 1996 ZX6R and the price of buying a 1996 set of fairings is ridiculous around $500 I’m wondering if I could use a 07-08 set that I found for $300. Will the overall size be correct? I can make the brackets to mount not scared of that. Any help will be appreciated.
Back when fairings were available new, 1 piece of oem lower was about $500. A full set was around $2000 retail.
$500 for a full set gets you chinese fairings that don't fit very well. An 07-08 set won't even be in the same time zone for fitment.
You can get used oem and recondition, or fiberglass race fairings and fit them yourself. Neither are cheap options.
You could always go streetfighter without fairings. That will cost you $0.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back when fairings were available new, 1 piece of oem lower was about $500. A full set was around $2000 retail.
$500 for a full set gets you chinese fairings that don't fit very well. An 07-08 set won't even be in the same time zone for fitment.
You can get used oem and recondition, or fiberglass race fairings and fit them yourself. Neither are cheap options.
You could always go streetfighter without fairings. That will cost you $0.
Thxs and very much appreciated this is kinda what I was figuring. Kinda just bought the bike to learn how to ride on and how to work on so that’s why I don’t want to spend much on it. Eventually I’ll get something new.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thxs and very much appreciated this is kinda what I was figuring. Kinda just bought the bike to learn how to ride on and how to work on so that’s why I don’t want to spend much on it. Eventually I’ll get something new.
Always happy to see another ZX being enjoyed. Having said that, I think a classic bike may not be the best choice for learning to ride with the lack of parts available after a mild drop. Good platform for learning to wrench though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always happy to see another ZX being enjoyed. Having said that, I think a classic bike may not be the best choice for learning to ride with the lack of parts available after a mild drop. Good platform for learning to wrench though.
The parts are a pain to find seems like eBay is the only place. I ordered a new water temp sensor and the thing came apart on me basically from my touch Lmao and ordered a carb rebuild that’s delivery time was ~1 month -.- but I love the project after carb rebuild I have some wiring to mess with

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,606 Posts
The parts are a pain to find seems like eBay is the only place. I ordered a new water temp sensor and the thing came apart on me basically from my touch Lmao and ordered a carb rebuild that’s delivery time was ~1 month -.- but I love the project after carb rebuild I have some wiring to mess with
Do you have any motorcycle salvage yards in your area?

Reactions: NobCat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have any motorcycle salvage yards in your area?
This is a very good shout.

There was a place less than 10 miles away from me, it was amazing.
The type of place I had spent hours rummaging through their stock and finding parts that are stupidly difficult to find.
Alas they closed down last year, and a small part of my festering soul died.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts