Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is going to sound like a dumb ? but i am not by my bike and i need to know what size the fairing bolt is...i have an 07 zx14 need the right side lower bolt that holds the black grill looking fairing on...i think it is a m6x1.0 or a m5x1.0 but im not sure witch one it is...any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
262 Posts
buy a 10 set of them off ebay for 5 bucks..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the threads in the frame are striped out...have to helicoil it to get the bolt to go back in

·
Registered
365 Posts
Are you sure the frame is tapped or is it the rubber insert that has a nut sleeve in it?
Some will tighten the nut sleeve so tight that it is turn the sleeve inside the rubber or break the sleeve away from the rubber

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i had to replace a weld nut behind my grills one time, it looked like frame until i paid real close attention. now i do believe down low on the fairings the frame is tapped.

·
Registered
53 Posts
go to bikebandit.com > Parts > OEM parts > put ur bike in > then on the left choose faring > pick which part of the faring, and they have a diagram with every piece on the bike and u can buy it on their web cite. i tried to find it but i cant tell what the grill thing ur talking about is...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts