Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my bikes mint and indoors when not in use so I am surprised to see my new Gtr with only 240miles on the clock has some very light polishing scratches to the screen. I use microphber soft polishing clothes on the bike with autoglym bike sheen. I have never had aproblem before on any of my bikes and aleays wash the bike before it is polished.I can only pressume this is because the plastic screen is of poor quality.so much so the screen is now starting to have a MIST to it.Is this a warranty issue or is it that the bike does not like being kept in a heated,carpeted fully fitted workshop.
I have found that when I had the Pan European the screen never marked at all but was a bit too small. I changed it for a larger aftermarket one which was mch better quality. The Ermax screen looks very cheap for the money. Has anybody got one yet and let us know what they are like ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cee baileys

that looks ideal. can you tell me the size you ordered and the cost ? Is there a uk distributer to get one of these ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Go on their website. They do ship to Europe. Mine is the Eurocut which is 5" taller and 3" wider. Cost is $175US. The website in my last post has pictures and shipping information. To see the shipping info, add it to the cart and you'll be able to check shipping costs.

All their shields are made to order, so they say 2-4 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw the same thing. There seems to be a film on the windscreen that needs be removed with Meguires plastic cleaner, it alse has an oily look in the sunlight. Then those scratches went away, it looks like the film is what was scratched.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine too is already scratched, and I only have 285 miles. I have only wiped it once, and that was after I washed it with soap and water and used a rag specifically for wiping glass and plastic. I will try to remove this film that TegG speaks of.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not a cheap item.I will loook into it though,thanks again.
Sure it is. The dollar is in the tank more and more everyday, so the pound will do just fine upon conversion. :rotflmao

Seriously, though, that is a great looking shield. Buffgunner, how tall are you? And once it arrives could you report on it? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
screen scratches

If anybody has any ideas how to get rid of this film and the scratches please let me know. Bear in mind though if we get it wrong the screen could be ruined so we only get one chance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sure it is. The dollar is in the tank more and more everyday, so the pound will do just fine upon conversion. :rotflmao

Seriously, though, that is a great looking shield. Buffgunner, how tall are you? And once it arrives could you report on it? Thanks.
I'll give a thorough report on it. I'm 5'11", but my sitting hight is like a person about 3" taller (shorter legs with 32" inseam).

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should NOT remove the protective film. That is there for a reason. Polycarbonate screens absorb water and will become cloudy if the protective film is removed. The film seals the polycarbonate surface to help keep the moisture out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
screen

I appreciate the idea of the protective film on the screen but mine is getting cloudy and scratched anyway so I don't think I've got much to lose apart from a replacement aftermarket which is already in my thoughts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I appreciate the idea of the protective film on the screen but mine is getting cloudy and scratched anyway so I don't think I've got much to lose apart from a replacement aftermarket which is already in my thoughts.
I to cherish my bikes and try to keep them in Mint condition.
Same trouble here screen looks scratched and cloudy and I have been really careful cleaning it.

Would also appreciate any advice on how to clean off the marks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You need to clean them with IPA cleaner (Isopropyl Alcohol) and a soft microfibre cloth. It gets rid of any moisture which is wicked into the screen plastic which is what is making it cloudy. De-Natured Alcohol also is pretty much the same stuff but harder to get.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
screen

Ok Brilliant, so where do you get my freind, Boots the chemist, B & Q or prescription only. Where I live If I ask for anything like that they'll look at me stupid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all , has anyone sorted out the scratched screen saga yet ? I have tried Novus # 1 , # 2 , # 3 , doesnt seem to do anything ! Tried Plexus , still no better , the more i touch them the more scratched they get . Would it be possible to use 1000/1200 wet and dry and then repolish ?

cheers Holma ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts