Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to purchase a Scorpio alarm system for the new 10, and I'm confused as to what connector I should get. There's 2 choices: zx10r '06, and zx10r all years.

Which one should I choose? Not sure if the all years was for years prior to the '06 or if the '06 and '07 connectors are the same. Please help, I'd like to purchase today if I can.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Your original assumption sound right. All years is prior to '06 and; '06 is for that year's model. Will it fit the '07 conections?? No clue but it probably will. Sounds like they changed something between '05 and '06 to prompt the "06 factory plug-in" change from Scorpio. Wouldn't think they would make another change in for the very next model year. Can you not get an answer from Scorpio online or from where ever you're buying it from?

I had to get an alarm just to get comp. insurance coverage with my insurer. Ended up going with Talon 2600i out of Vancouver Canada. Less than 1/2 the cost of the Scorpio; siren; back-up battery alarm; motion/tilt sensor & engine disable with factory plug & play conector kit for my '06 ZX-6R. It was a bit tricky with the instal but works great (so far):smile

·
Registered
449 Posts
Your original assumption sound right. All years is prior to '06 and; '06 is for that year's model. Will it fit the '07 conections?? No clue but it probably will. Sounds like they changed something between '05 and '06 to prompt the "06 factory plug-in" change from Scorpio. Wouldn't think they would make another change in for the very next model year. Can you not get an answer from Scorpio online or from where ever you're buying it from?

I had to get an alarm just to get comp. insurance coverage with my insurer. Ended up going with Talon 2600i out of Vancouver Canada. Less than 1/2 the cost of the Scorpio; siren; back-up battery alarm; motion/tilt sensor & engine disable with factory plug & play conector kit for my '06 ZX-6R. It was a bit tricky with the instal but works great (so far):smile
Yeah, I should go with a security system myself, not cuz my machine is worth anything but it is to me. I always seem to find outstanding deals at odd times and weird places on bikes. my 11 is [email protected]$4,000 but I paid bout 1/2 that for it and I'm pretty sure I couldn't find another one for that price.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just checked www.scorpioalarms.com and they had a connector choice of '05-'07, so I'm just gonna go with the '06 connector. If it doen't work out, I'll just go ahead and buy the connector directly from them for $20, no harm no foul. Since the connector that I'm ordering from Kneedraggers is free with the alarm purchase.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well I just checked www.scorpioalarms.com and they had a connector choice of '05-'07, so I'm just gonna go with the '06 connector. If it doen't work out, I'll just go ahead and buy the connector directly from them for $20, no harm no foul. Since the connector that I'm ordering from Kneedraggers is free with the alarm purchase.
Jay, get the 06 and if you have problems you can kick all up in my arse! It'll work dude....final answer~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts