Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i recently bought a project- 2006 zx6 bike as a track bike, it was only 90% done. I had to put a wiring loom on and i have a F1 light on the dash. I tried putting the wire in the diagnostics port and grounding it but it doesnt flash me the code, it just stays constantly on?????????? ideas please guys

·
Registered
147 Posts
Okay so first off, there's no such thing as an F1 light. It's FI. As in Fuel Injection. The FI light means that your fuel injection system is not fully functional. This may be due to a wiring issue, an aftermarket exhaust without a servo eliminator, faulty fuel injectors, a defective or misconfiguration Power Commander, or (and this is the most common cause) the engine might not be turned on.:headscratch
So more information on the current setup of your bike would be very helpful.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Which wire are you grounding? Can you provide a picture?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Isn't it the orange wire?

·
Registered
88 Posts
If its running perfect with the light on and you have an aftermarket exhaust with no servo buddy in place of the stock butterfly valve I'll guarantee its the because of that.. but there's 2 diagnostic modes I always use #2 which is turn the key to the ON position with the diagnostic wire hooked up and yes it's the orange one.. touch the wire to the negative battery terminal 5 times in 2 seconds. On the last time hold the wire on the - terminal and watch the fi light and don't listen to NARCO he's obviously a huge douche because fi doesn't mean fuel injection it stands for fault indicator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts