Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Melbourne,
1st time post for me on here. Having owned Kawa's all my riding life (KM100, KV100, ZZR250 & ZZR600) I've finally got my hands on a clean, low km (25,000) ZX9r F1 in Candy Spark Gold (not a big fan of the colour but its growing on me, sloooowly).

My Q's are:
1) Are the (factory) decals on the fairings stuck over the finished paint or do they have a gloss coat over them? I want to make sure I've got original fairings (mine look to be applied on top of the paint, unlike the tank logo which has gloss over it).
2) What is the "normal" running temp? Mine sits on about 85C (185F) while riding (in hot and cold weather) but will climb up to 100C (212F) sitting still. Seems a bit high but I'm not sure.

Any input or advice appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bud, it almost glows in full sun. Gotta love Kawasaki metallic paints, especially 02 zx6r in Blue... awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Melbourne,
1st time post for me on here. Having owned Kawa's all my riding life (KM100, KV100, ZZR250 & ZZR600) I've finally got my hands on a clean, low km (25,000) ZX9r F1 in Candy Spark Gold (not a big fan of the colour but its growing on me, sloooowly).
View attachment 17872
My Q's are:
1) Are the (factory) decals on the fairings stuck over the finished paint or do they have a gloss coat over them? I want to make sure I've got original fairings (mine look to be applied on top of the paint, unlike the tank logo which has gloss over it).
2) What is the "normal" running temp? Mine sits on about 85C (185F) while riding (in hot and cold weather) but will climb up to 100C (212F) sitting still. Seems a bit high but I'm not sure.

Any input or advice appreciated, thanks.
My decals are over the factory finish. Where did YOU find original fairings?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry 14u2nv, should have explained it better,... the fairings that came with the bike, (which I can now say are OE). Just wanted to make sure it hadn't had replacements during its life before me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fairings look original to me, and my 2003 also has the tank decals under the clear coat and the fairing stickers over the finish.

Great pickup on this bike. Clean ones are getting really hard to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks rwheelz, it's the cleanest one I could find after 6 months looking. Only ugly bit is the battery must have let go at some stage and leaked acid down on to the swing arm, eating the paint. I'll give the arm a repaint this winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts