Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 6r ABS has adjustable clip ons now. So I can go from aggressive to more long ride friendly.
I am using these clip ons for that while most use them for stunt bikes, and disable ABS.
Right now it works , but with the clips up high as I can , it pinches off the line at full right turn . I never go fast enough at full right turn that the rear brake isn’t enough, but I don’t want that line to wear out too soon.

At the normal place where the two front discs hydraulic lines meet to one line , there is a sort of “junction box” for lack of a better word, with both lines , then smaller cables that I assume are the ABS system.

the line that comes from there up to thefront brake lever is what needs extending.
It all looks very specialized and not like regular brake lines that have the banjo bolts and the circular piece at the end of the line.

Anyone had success customizing anything to work.
I have wondered if bending the tube, it wouldn’t take much to stop the line from kinking.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok here’s an update
I found a diagram, my Goal is to somehow get more length out of this section of the brake system.
I can get the parts individually to experiment with mods.
Part “B” presents a fix, if I could bend that piping that connects the “B” box to the line (43095B) .

the cable in question (43095B) uses a plain banjo bolt, can link another cable to it ? Does anyone make couplers? This seems like a good option.
Anyway I’ll keep this going , this is a niche thing, but I can’t be the only guy that wants to have custom clip on that can be raised and lowered , but don’t want to give up ABS to do so
AEB59CD3-C143-40A7-9B45-2A188973050F.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the easiest would be to have a coupler device.

here is one that does just what I need but for bicycles, I’d love the same type device , but connects two banjo bolts together designed for a motorcycle brake line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts