Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeY guys ! I need advice ... I want to drop my 12r and extend my swingarm for some draggin' . I was looking up at parts on ebay and saw some BOLT ON swing arm extentions . They are alot cheaper than changing the swingarm itself. Anybody have those ??? Is it safe ?? Does it look nice ? or am i better off saving a bit more money and buying a muzzy extended swingarm ??? BTW i only want a 3" extention.:headscratch

Let me know what you think and other advice or parts would be appreciated .

Thanks

·
registered member
523 Posts
I use ext. But by no means am i a good racer, I have never heard of them failing.. not saying that has not happen... but i never heard of it...

·
Registered
34 Posts
yuck, no bolt on extensions! seriously, are you going to trust your safety on the quarter-mile @145mph+ to save a few bucks?

=D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well ... actually that was my consirn ... 2 tiny bolts can handle it ? ... but like VOZ said ... i never heard someone crashing because the extensions broke !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks ! very good pics ... looks neat in black ! ... mine are going to be polished so probably wont be as nice. I talked to a guy that had his on his bike for over a season now and never had any probs. I am probably going to run my bike as it is right now ... ounce i get a turbo i will change it for a extended reinforced swingarm ... sounds safer with 300 hp under my ass :p

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sounds like a good plan with the extenders for now.

300 BHP is gonna need something more permanent I guess :crazyloco

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea ! sounds safer hehehhe ... turbo is going to wait a bit because it is damn expensive and i got some upgrades to put on my 12r and the rc51 needs a few parts for 2007 racing season too . Damn expensive sport :p but it is going to be all worth it when i get a few seconds off my normal time on the drag strip and on the racetrack with the rc :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
My friend has them on his 12. I was a bit sceptical. but he has never had a lick of problems and hes pushing about threefidy at the rear wheel

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
custom air flow system made by a friend ( dont know the exact english words ) , muzzy bonneville box + power commander ( custom made system to put the rev limiter on or off ), racetech + custom parts for front suspensions , modified my rear suspension with race tech parts , a buddy of mine made some custom pistons with the 1270 cc muzzy upgrade ( for my 12r and his ... we are going to take our engines apart this winter to see if they handled well ) strip the interior of the stock pipe to make a race can ( here in quebec the law of DOT pipes is very stricked ) and some esthetik upgrades.

This winter i will drop the bike 2" , extend my swingarm of about 3" , upgrade my powercomander, high mount Advance Tuning ( canadian made bolt on ) , install my undertail , some polishing , few carbon fiber parts , depending on the budget may switch to the new 1375cc kit by muzzy or turbo the bike ( probably wont have the budget because i have to work on my rc51 as well ... ) I also heard of a Brembo 6 pistons front brake kit ( depends on the budget for that as well ) I will change my oil pan , and switch for a bigger gas pump as well ( dont know witch one and what make i will put because it depends on if i 1375cc it or turbo it ) Besides that i will probably find something else to play with during the winter... :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh ... and i will have to change my chain and rear brake line as well since i am extending my swingarm ...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pickup the December 2006 issue of Super Streetbike magazine. They did an article on ZX-10R that currently holds a record for going 202.93580. Stock displacment using nitrous pushing 200 HP. They used Muzzy bolt-on swingarm extensions to put all that power to the ground and seemed to have no problems with them. $200.00 vs $1500.00 you do the math
Brake line and chain will need to be changed definately.

·
registered member
523 Posts
since i have 2 rear rims... one with a 50t and the other with a 46t front will stay at 17...

Spieglers SS brake lines come in colors
and i went with the EK ZZZ chain... you prolly need about 140 links...

Get ya some bear stacks..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info ! I will check out those Spieglers brake lines cuz i never heard of those ! Does DiD do extended chains too ???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My uncle is going to do some paint for me as well. I broke the upper fairing , so my uncle found me one but it is silver and he will paint my gas tank cover all green because i used to have those ugly 2001 green graphics. I took the graphics off my bike but when i got to the tank i realised that they put some clear on top of the graphics so i couldn't take them off ! I am in the decision of leaving it all green or adding some of the graphics that i could do with vinyl. ( the graphics i designed looks a bit like the 2002 gsx-r 1000) something really simple but that adds a little to the bike !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts