Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if there was a signifigant amount of performance added when getting a full exhaust instead of a s/o or b/o. would it make a difference if i was planning on jetting my bike later on?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pay little attention to the marketing charts, a pipe(all in the headers) will always provide low/mid range increase but you may run hotter or loss a bit on the mains. jetting is not aways needed. I would throw a pipe at it and see how you sit,and go from there.

·
Registered
649 Posts
If you were to do a full exhaust you would deffinently have to re-jet. You could probably change out the can without problems - just keep an eye on things and make sure your bike doesn't run on the lean side.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you were to do a full exhaust you would deffinently have to re-jet. You could probably change out the can without problems - just keep an eye on things and make sure your bike doesn't run on the lean side.
I have dialed in many bikes and continue to do so even now, one think always leads to another, so I always complete one job and see how I'm sittin then and only then I will adjust as needed, I have made many foolish rush job mistakes in my day. I'm just sayin do one thing, check it, do another only if needed, it is way too easy to jump ahead of yourself. But what do I know I only have 2000cc's of Kawi's in the shed~ :crazyloco

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got a new yosh rs-3 carbon fiber can and it sounds great. i was just wandering if packing it is really necessary b/c it runs fine but will riding it without packing cause any problems?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hopefully the Pastor is not out riding a triple marathon and can answer your question!!:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Thanx for all your valuable knowledge!!!!:mfclap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts