Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

exhaust question

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  e1_ZX-9r 
#1 ·
so i just got my 94 zx9r last saturday and am planning to replace alot of things/add to make it more "my bike". ivew searched and searched and the only exhausts i have found are ones on ebay that i have never heard of. currently the bike has a vance and hines slip on but is pretty old and worn out. can anyone help me out here? id preferably like to either get a v&h, yosh, or two brothers exhaust but again all ive seemed to find are ebay exhausts and idk if i wanna buy one or not. any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
See ZXF thread

You can fit any exhaust you want, so long as the core diameter increases for exhaust gas flow and there is a mount point to hold the exhaust muffler on. Read this how-to article by <clicking here>.

#3 ·
well what im really wondering is will newer model zx9r's(98 and newer) exhausts fit on a 94-97 weather its a slip on or full? i dont have the tools to do that much custom work to an exhaust thats the only reason im trying to figure out what i can use off other years since its a pita to find stuff for the 94-97

#7 ·
That's how I feel about my Trapps. When I'm riding with people, I want them to hear the sound from the bike that's going to dominate them that day. :lol

#8 ·
thanks for the help fellas!!! one more question. how much work would it be to swap newer year zx9r plastics or has anyone done a swap already? i know anything is possible with time and money just curious if anything newer swaps over realatively easy is all thanks again

#9 ·
Doable, but cost prohibitive. The plastics for B are different from C, which are different from E/F. :f-ing EZ! :There are no good smilies for what I want to put. :I wish he'd update these stale old things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.