Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps iv'e got a lime green 2008 zx-6r and ive just fitted an AKRAPOVIC slip on, i had to undo servo because the akra-exhaust dont need it, i tried to start the bike but nothing and i got the FI warning light on, ive been told by a fellow biker the bike will need re-calibrating ie. the ECU to get everything back in sink because the ECU is still trying to use the servo which is no longer in use, it's going into a kawi-dealership monday but i was just wondering if anyone here could shed some light on this problem for me ?

cheers...

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Don't take it to the stealership with your fi light on or blinking. This will give the shop an excuse to try to hose you good. Someone will tell you how to fix this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive had a look about and maybe i need a bracket or something to fix to the servo to fool ECU into thinking its still being used but im not sure if it's too late now ?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
a few things to do:

a) jumper mod
b) remove the line from the servo to the exhaust valve
c) get a speedhealer

try those things in order to get it to go away

·
Registered
676 Posts
leave the servo on and connected, just take off the cables. if you unhook the servo from the ecu then you will get the FI light. leaving it on shows the ECU that its still there and functioning, but it doesnt have to be connected to the exhaust valve.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
dont waste the money on the servo buddy...you can MAKE one for about 9 bucks (USD...maybe cheaper UK?) lemme find the link...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102827

shows you the steps and it works for our bikes. youre welcome :)

yeh cheers for that buddy, it's all done and working now, im glad i came here for advice rather than going to a kawi dealership which would have cost a small fortune, was out today, it's an awsome sound from the akrapovic exhaust plus iv'e removed the baffle also which makes it a little deeper in sound, thxs for the help from you and everyone else who posted...

ride safe....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts