Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to upgrade my 07 zx-10 a little for the new season. It is pretty much bone stock - k&n air filter lowering links etc etc.... I was thinking of going with the twin yoshi slip ons and a dynojet power commander. I can get it all for a little under a grand at my front door. Does anyone know of a bigger bang for my buck or a better setup for my particuar bike? Thanks in advance for the help! I usually ride twisties on the street and some track days if anyone was wondering. P.S. My buddy is getting a 2009 gsxr before we start riding so if anyone has my bike or has competed against one of the oh so common gsxr's feel free to chime in I am just wanting a heads up. I do have faith in my Kawi tho :evil

· Registered
25 Posts
kawi vs gsxr

Have faith in the kawi,
I've raced multiple gsxrs and the only thing they got is a lil more torque. As far as an exhaust its watevr Ur taste prefers. A small sprocket change I.e. -1/+1 helps a lot vs those bikes. Look around I got a buddy who got a PC, slip on, and sprocket for his zx10 and it was a whole new bike, and walked my buddies gsxr one yr newer

· Registered
887 Posts
welcome to the forum

07zx10r vs 09gsxr1000

you would need a little more than a slipon to keep up with a "stock" gsxr
i'll probably be flamed for praising a gsxr in a zxforum but the truth is the truth, 2009 gsxr 1000 is a performer.

but you can beat him as a rider, motorcycle racing depends alot on the rider. but if the bikes could race themselves then id bet alot of money on gsxr.

If you want my suggestion, skip the mods and keep your bike bone stock
first is remove the lowering links that you have on and learn to ride the bike without it, it will perform much much greater on track and backroads.
if your bike is lowered, i think i can beat you with a ninja 250 in a twisty.

· Registered
887 Posts
sprocket change, full 4-2-1 exhaust system akra, power commander, 1051cc big bore kit = vrooom

or just keep the speed and power as is and go with
braided brake lines, performance damper, rearsets, better tires, and pay for a custom suspension tune

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the 1/5th throttle thing?never herd of that? Also how hard is it to do the flys? I do know some stuff about working on these bikes. Pretty much just remove the screws and take out the flap or what? Or should I just sell it an get a gsxr? Cause I refuse for him to be faster than me ha! REFUSE he is my younger brother so that is not an option

· Registered
887 Posts
What is the 1/5th throttle thing?never herd of that? Also how hard is it to do the flys? I do know some stuff about working on these bikes. Pretty much just remove the screws and take out the flap or what? Or should I just sell it an get a gsxr? Cause I refuse for him to be faster than me ha! REFUSE he is my younger brother so that is not an option

thats why they call it RACING, if one is always superior to the other, then racing will not exist. same year and class bike both has its disadvantage and advantage, if you really want to be better then buy a faster bike? straight race? then why not buy a hayabusa or zx14?

same bikes race in the track sometimes with the same crap and same paint, but one is usually faster than the other. its the rider and not the bike. Why not get a zx6r and try to beat his 1000cc bike, that way you can say he's got a better bike but you got greater skills. but then again, if you do not have skills then you lose 2 ways if you do the 600cc route so just get a zx14

I think you are looking for a SPEC race where you sit and chat about who's got it bigger.

· Registered
228 Posts
it turns your 90 degree turn throttle into 72 degrees and sharpens your throttle responce. the 2nd flies are the 1st set of flies you see when you look down into your TB's. just remove them and be carefull not to drop the lil screws inside your TB's. its a free mod with gains up top. if your interested in the 1/5th throttle mod i have a brandnew one for your bike pm me if interested.

· Registered
6,392 Posts
thousand dollar budget on your 10R

1. Yoshi slio-ons: (excellent build quality & not as loud as most others. LOUD gets old very fast !!)
Skip the power commander. You don't need it with slip-ons.

2. driven block off (smog) plates: This mod will take you a couple hours on your model 10R. You might consider changing the plugs at this time also since you have some of the bike apart. cost less than fifty bucks
Buy them at kneedraggers or many other websites.

3. Pazzo or ASV adjustable levers: Most riders get the shortie ones. I think if I bought another set, I would buy the the long version ASV from motomummy.com. $225.00 for the ASVs

4. do the sprocket change:
-1,+2 is too much for the 10r. Go with zero, +2 or zer0, +3. buy from sprocketcenter.com. Call them and talk to them.
Do not buy the silver aluminum Vortex rear sprocket. It will only last you 3,000 miles. It costs less because it's not hardened.

The rifleman't quick turn throttle mod is great if you spend a lot of time at full throttle. Otherwise it makes the bike too jumpy if you want to be smooth when cornering. Leave the secondary throttle plates in unless you are going drag racing with very low gears.

***get the suspension adjusted for you. you can prob find a private mechanic or x-racer on one of your local sortbike forums. This will help out your handling immensely. This service should cost you fifty bucks.

Put in some seat time before you challenge your gixxer buddy to any friendly contests. with literbikes it's all about the rider, not so much the bike. Welcome to the addiction.

If you are into riding the twisties heavily, I would forgo all the above mods and just buy a Pensky Shock. Have the suspension set for you. You will have the capability to outrun your gixxer buddy in the corners, but he will accelerate a little quicker. Suspension mods are usually the last mod a rider does, but they will make the most difference in brisk street riding and trackdays.

· Registered
478 Posts

Little brother lol i got one of those and he only weighs a buck 45 and is fast as hell because of that. A lot of people totally forget about rider weight as a factor. I weigh in at 212 and i am slower because of the weight period! He has embarrassed me on few different bikes. Now My ZX10R is was to fast for his 1125cr. since he was going 173mph and i smoked his as at 185mph he doesn't race me as much.
Fast little bastard!!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I go 0_+2 or +3 will I have to get a new chain? I think I will pass on the throttle thing since Im not wide open much and need my smoothe transitions in the twisties. We weigh about the same 175ish. It will be a verbal battle as well especially since on paper the zook has like 2 more hp than my 10 and he will ALWAYS bring that up (already does)! I think I got him on skill tho especially in twisties! He likes top speed runs though (which Im not real big on) yet I cant just not do it because then I will automatically be "scared his bike will win" I have read that the 10' do shine on top so I guess we will just have to see.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also aren't the smog plates just for better readings air/fuel mixture for tuning? So if I do not get a pc and dont get my bike tuned they wont help that much right? Or should i get the s/o and plates then get it tuned?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.