Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could'nt find if this question has already been asked but, I have an 07 14 and want to put on Muzzys dual oval slip-ons. Do I need to add a power commander at the same time?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Diesel618,

I had the exact same question. Thought I had read somewhere that using the Muzzys created a lean fuel mix condition at around 3000 rpm. When I decided to go with the Muzzys I tried to find the discussion again but wasn't successful. I checked the Muzzy site and the Power Commander site, the impression I got was that there was no harm installing the cans without installing the PC, but the performance increase gained (according to the chart I saw) by installing the PC at the same time was significant.

So, in my [not qualified] opinion, its safe to put the cans on without a PC, but if you can afford it, install the PC at the same time (if you want to remove your secondary throttle butterfly valves and/or install a TRE later you'd probably want/need the PC anyway).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Muzzys and PC?

Thanks 14Rusty, Sorry took so long to get back , but I drive a truck and it's either get on here or ride, So.... Anyway going to order Muzzys (stainless slip-ons) because truly can't afford pipes and commander at same time, just bought my wife a ZX10R (red) that she loves and got her off my 14 :clap

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats...on the cans and that you have 2 zZX's in the house!

Just installed my Muzzy carbons Saturday...love em' - deep, smooth sound. May be my imagination but the bike feels like it has more low end. Wife says they vibrate the house. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Got my Muzzys Friday:clap , did'nt know exhaust gaskets were'nt part of the kit. Had to order from dealer :rolleyes ( 3 to 5 days) riding next weekend though.... Can't wait to hear them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Saw your post in the other forum. You got the CF's?! Right on! Tomorrow...as soon as my hangover let's me...I'll post a pic of my rig...we could be twins? Nah...cousins...maybe... :)
Congrats and RIDE, CAPTIN RIDE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts