Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have stock system. not sure if i should go with a duel or a single canister for the best performance..

Any input would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hmmm you want to go even quicker do you? quicker than 186mph? (thats when the speedo stops, not the bike)

If you want better performance may i suggest you look at a GiPro TRE

FWIW i have twin akros on, sounds great ;) oh, and a GiPro TRE :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Faster at the bottom end???? Really????? On a ZX10 ?????? Go for a Sprocket mod!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
sprocket mods

went down 2 on the front today and yes !!! what a difference , I am used to twins and live at high elev. and needed some more grunt down low .so far it feels great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is gonna sound stupid, I know (I'm still learning). What the hell is a GiPro TRE and WTF does it do.
I just ordered my KR Tuned exhaust and am going to put in my PCIII this Sunday.

·
Registered
437 Posts
A TRE is a timing retard eliminator, on most modern sportsbikes they retard the timing on say 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd, so that even if you had the throttle physically open fully, the bike wouldnt respond, if it really was 100% open. This is to stop you flipping the bike and retarding the power down in the 1st three gears.

A TRE removes the timing retard in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.............Makes it a totally different animal, good thing is that it is switchable as well, so you can have it switched off, says if its raining, on soft which is some of the retard timing removed or hard, the TRE totally removed

It will be like a new/different bike with a GI pro :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
A TRE is a timing retard eliminator, on most modern sportsbikes they retard the timing on say 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd, so that even if you had the throttle physically open fully, the bike wouldnt respond, if it really was 100% open. This is to stop you flipping the bike and retarding the power down in the 1st three gears.

A TRE removes the timing retard in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.............Makes it a totally different animal, good thing is that it is switchable as well, so you can have it switched off, says if its raining, on soft which is some of the retard timing removed or hard, the TRE totally removed

It will be like a new/different bike with a GI pro :)
Listen to Spliffyaid...Dude knows what his talking about :crazyloco +1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts