Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,566 Posts
That sounds right. I got ebony black from my local Carquest auto parts store. They have a color camera (can't remember the name) and they took a picture of the parts I brought in of the new lime green and black and mixed it up.
That might be another option for you.
Color Rite isn't cheap.

·
Administrator
58,566 Posts
This was from my build thread.
I checked into Color Rite for paint. Just a can of spray green and black would cost almost $90.
The Carquest store shot a pic of my cowl and made some green paint. Looks really close.
1/2 pint of green, 1 pint of gloss black and reducer, $50.
I also had the sign shop make up some stripes and they even gave me more material to try other things, $24.
I repaired and painted the original fairing to try and match the rest of the bike and tried the decal stripes.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If you are doing the whole thing, it doesn't have to match.

You only need exact if you are putting parts side by side. MEANING! Even though colorrite isn't always perfect, you don't always have to be.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are doing the whole thing, it doesn't have to match.

You only need exact if you are putting parts side by side. MEANING! Even though colorrite isn't always perfect, you don't always have to be.
No. I am not doing the whole thing. I am just doing a lot of touch ups from the previous owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts