Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas and or ladies?

Just woundering if the euro jumper wire mod works out with an aftermarket exhaust and Power Commander. If so im sold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the jumper mod, PCIII and an Akra slip-on to my 06 636 and the answer is YES it works. I dyno'd the bike with the different mods added one at a time and the jumper mod allowed the engine to hold it's max power all the way to the rev limiter. I've read that the jumper mod on the 07 is the same deal as the 06 so you should have the same results.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There's no reason not to keep the jumper mod in place after upgrading exhausts. There is some controversy on where or not it helps but I think in general people say it still makes a difference (even though the major thing it does is keep the exhaust valve from closing back down due to noise regulations above 12,000 RPM with the stock exhaust).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was always woundering why my exhaust would start krackling up in the 12,000 and above rpm range. I guess its that valve closing and wont let as much air out. Iv got to try this mod out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and one more thing, theres no bad side effects from doing the mod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts