Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on fella's? I am new here but not to the bike scene. I bought a stock 2005 ZX10R with only 8300 miles for a good price. I recently purchased about 3K in parts and am asking what I should expect from a tune with the following mods.

Brocks full 20" alien head, bmc race filter, pcIII, ignition module, tre, velocity stacks, 520 conversion with stock gearing, probolt sprocket kit (saves rotational mass), renthal front and rear sprocket (ionized aluminum), ceramic wheel bearings, lithium ion battery weighing in at 1.8 pds, clean airbox mod, remove secondary throttle plates, 300 RPM increase, muzzy aluminum radiator fan, engine ice, synthetic 10-40 castrol, tuned to 93 octane, stock height and stock length.

I have a local stealership that wants $250 to tune. What should I do to prep the bike for tuning that will help with numbers?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every time I get my race car or bike tuned I put new plugs, make sure filter is fresh and clean, change the oil, lube the chain if your really want to lol, and have fresh gas. That's about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I just put in new OEM laser iridium NGK plugs. I hurd something about rear tire pressure at 40 psi and have the shock set all the way to soft. Can anyone chime in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts