Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I rang my Kawasaki dealer in UK today to see if they had any idea when they would be getting in their first GTR 1400's. Much to my surprise I was told February 2007! I said this seems early but he said Kawasaki have brought the date forward. He said he should have more information in the New Year.

I'm not going to get too excited just yet as this seems way to early but I thought it worth sharing.

I really really want one of these. :smile :smile :smile

·
Registered
67 Posts
:clap Thanks Monty

That's excellent news. Hopefully the info given your dealer is correct and Kawasaki doesn't cut too many corners to deliver the first bikes by that deadline. (I remember the BMW K-S disaster in 2004 when they hastily pushed out bikes that proved defective in several areas).:headscratch

Stef

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:clap Thanks Monty

That's excellent news. Hopefully the info given your dealer is correct and Kawasaki doesn't cut too many corners to deliver the first bikes by that deadline. (I remember the BMW K-S disaster in 2004 when they hastily pushed out bikes that proved defective in several areas).:headscratch

Stef
Hi Stef,

I was very nearly a K1200S victim myself but I changed my mind at the last minute. My 15 years of BMW loyality is coming to an end soon as I fell in love with the GTR 1400 when I first saw it in a mag a couple of months ago. I'm hoping it will be the bike the K1200GT could have been. Hey I'm going to the BMW biker meeting in Bavaria in June 2007 on a Kawasaki (maybe)

I agree there will probably be a lot of dates thrown around in the next few months and until I see something on the Kawasaki website I will treat them all with caution.

Are you planning to buy one too?

Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Stef,

I was very nearly a K1200S victim myself ...
Same here Dave...:smile A friendly BMW dealer told me to stay away from it after I'd already sold my K-RS and showed up with a roll of cash . I owe the man big time. Imagine getting this advice from a BMW dealer...I then bought an FJR1300 and loved it.(Love it still, as a matter of fact)

Are you planning to buy one too?

Dave
Mmmmhhh...is the Pope catholic? :rotflmao

Stef

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All

I've been following the threads on this forum for some time now but have only just got around to registering. I have been badgering my local dealer here in Kent for a delivery date - he tells me that they should get a delivery in March - not far off from the date given to Montysmyth. (Although he also tells me that they probably won't get a demo bike as there won't be enough bikes in the country)

Yeeehar. It'll be bye bye to my trusty and reliable (but slightly boreing) 1300 Pan in time to take the Kwak to Mugello in May for the GP !! :clap

Seasons Greetings to all

Giles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, Lonerider

The K-S came out with a number of problems that were not the usual teething problems every new bike has.

There were camshaft problems that prompted the withdrawal of all bikes already sold. This was sorted out between November 2004 and Feb 2005 (in Europe).
Then came gearbox problems, EFI problems, sidestand problems, vibrations etc.
These problems have been mostly solved on the bikes currently being sold but those people who bought the bike in 2005 have had to endure a number of recalls and lengthy downtimes.

Stef

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dealer says the GTR will probably come in August to The Netherlands. That's soon enough for me: got to save some more money :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
In France it must arrive 15 émes weeks 2007, approximately semi April 2007, but they will have very very little for 2007 of it there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I am new here also... Thinking of buying a new 2008 concours 14 when it come out.

I visited one of the volume dealer here in Orange county, CA today. Dealer told me that Concours 14 / GTR 1400 has been delay till at least June, may be even September...

Anyone else hear anything???

·
Registered
4 Posts
So it looks like it won't be an early release '08 but a regular '08. How come I'm not surprised?
It's an entirely new model and I just don't think it's all "worked out" yet. Still looks worth the wait.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Noticed a subtle change on Uk website today - I check it every day so this is new (sad or what!) - from "Before the mega tourer will be launched in June 2007 ..." to "Before the mega tourer will be launched in summer 2007...."

Lets hope it comes with heated grips for the winter launch!!

Dave

Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
Noticed a subtle change on Uk website today - I check it every day so this is new (sad or what!) - from "Before the mega tourer will be launched in June 2007 ..." to "Before the mega tourer will be launched in summer 2007...."

Lets hope it comes with heated grips for the winter launch!!

Dave

Dave

Indeed...:squint Kawa's Austrian site now features the bike on display at the Linz Show complete with the inevitable blond hottie :evil and says "Kommt in August" (meaning the bike, that is...:nana )

·
Registered
368 Posts
:rant Waiting for my Concours 14.... is it May yet?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts