Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps. Long time no see.

After 2 years of pulling the flies and no pc, I decided it was time to get one just for peace of mind. I haven't installed it yet. But the real issue is that after all this time, I'm getting an FI error code 62. First time it hapn revs would stay around 1500 and wouldn't come down no matter how much I fiddled with the rev knob. Took it to the dealer as the valve cover was leaking (again) and see if they would take a crack at the FI code.

Their response after replacing the valve cover for the 2nd time (I wonder when will Kawasaki realize that a thicker gasket is not solving the issue) was...get a new throttle body :M16

Anyway...I'll be taking her to my mech soon to see if the valves need adjusting (took her in at the scheduled 15k but he told me they were fine, bring her in at 20k) and install the pc, gotta give jeffo a call to get a tailored map.

Any suggestions to fix the code? bike's running as good as ever, no stumble, hesitation or qualm to pounce forward, but it's irritating me, would ike to get rid of it before going to the mech. Thanks dudes. :smile

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I don't know off hand and I'm at work so I cant look it up right now but they have a factory service manual on the forum that you can download for free . That's what I would do . The codes seem pretty accurate so it should lead you to your problem pretty quick .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Code 62 is sub-throttle valve actuator. Here's the service manual wording:

If the subthrottle valve actuator fails (the signal is out to the usable range, wiring short
or open), the ECU stops the current to the actuator.

Check the connector. I would also make sure your PC connectors are connected fully.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It says in the manual error 62 is the signal is out of range.It is the sub throttle valve accuator.It determines part throttle until it hits the main throttle.So I don't think you have to replace the throttle bodies.Thats problably why it runs good off of part throttle.
Craig

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
It says in the manual error 62 is the signal is out of range.It is the sub throttle valve accuator.It determines part throttle until it hits the main throttle.So I don't think you have to replace the throttle bodies.Thats problably why it runs good off of part throttle.
Craig
could just be a bad connection at the sub throttle tps or or the servo connection or as stated ealier the pc plug .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Zulu
I had that problem with my 07 and as it turned out it was covered under the warranty and they had to replace the throttle body. So when my dealer opened her up he noticed the flies missing and was cool and said Kawi will VOID the warranty if I send this throttle body back for a core in exchange for the new body. So If your still under warranty u will have to reinstall your flies so Kawi wont know the deal.
Good Luck
Snuffy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey Zulu
I had that problem with my 07 and as it turned out it was covered under the warranty and they had to replace the throttle body. So when my dealer opened her up he noticed the flies missing and was cool and said Kawi will VOID the warranty if I send this throttle body back for a core in exchange for the new body. So If your still under warranty u will have to reinstall your flies so Kawi wont know the deal.
Good Luck
Snuffy
Only problem I see is if they notice the flies Phillips heads are worn and suspect the flies had been removed, then replaced. Thats what I would be looking for as a service tech. It would be pretty obvious to anyone with a keen eye.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Disconnect the battery for 15 min then reconnect it. If the error code goes away for good then it was a glitch, if it comes back its probably real.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have 06 zx14 that i bought and it sat for 2yrs and i have code 62 but my throttle jumps up to 2k and holds ,i had it running fine after adjusting the adjusted but i seriously seen the throttle move up and down by itself. what could it be and hopefully no throttle body replacment.. i already feel that ive wasted money on bike with 2500miles... any ideas would be great

·
Registered
638 Posts
Only problem I see is if they notice the flies Phillips heads are worn and suspect the flies had been removed, then replaced. Thats what I would be looking for as a service tech. It would be pretty obvious to anyone with a keen eye.

+1 on that.... time for new screws and locktite... screws cheaper than that big ole V oid stamped on your file...

J

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i m new in this forum, first of all i wan t to thank you for the información that we can read, i want to know why my bike with dame error 62 won t start, i read that the bike will start only it will have problem eith throttle over 4000 rpm, my bike wont start throwing only de 62 error, i hsve battery with 12,7 V, can this be fix without buying the body throtlle, if y buy an used one it will work, i have an 2010 zx10r this part works with all version of zx10r from the same year?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i m new in this forum, first of all i wan t to thank you for the información that we can read, i want to know why my bike with dame error 62 won t start, i read that the bike will start only it will have problem eith throttle over 4000 rpm, my bike wont start throwing only de 62 error, i hsve battery with 12,7 V, can this be fix without buying the body throtlle, if y buy an used one it will work, i have an 2010 zx10r this part works with all version of zx10r from the same year?
This the same problem that occurred yesterday....I came to a lot n the bike went dead.... won't turn over n the code is a 62.... can anyone tell me where to look?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts