Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite kawi mechanic has moved away and the other guy @ the dealer i wouldnt trust to work on my weedeater. i'm having 2 problems.

1. the beast is slow to return to idle when you pull in the clutch. as in when coming to a stop. it hovers around 3k then drops down to 1k.

2. idle is erratic it jumps from 1k to 1.5k to 2k then back to idle (repeat).
i think i read somewhere that the muzzy exhaust is probally to blame. I have the single out on the left side. and its loud as hell.

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a '92 C3 with the Full Titaniaum Muzzy 4 into 1, it is carburated.. The solution was to change the jetting and advance the timing. This killed the 3000-4000 rpm "flat spot" and stopped the idle surging. Idle surging could be caused by idle fuel settings starving the bowl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My favorite kawi mechanic has moved away and the other guy @ the dealer i wouldnt trust to work on my weedeater. i'm having 2 problems.

1. the beast is slow to return to idle when you pull in the clutch. as in when coming to a stop. it hovers around 3k then drops down to 1k.

2. idle is erratic it jumps from 1k to 1.5k to 2k then back to idle (repeat).
i think i read somewhere that the muzzy exhaust is probally to blame. I have the single out on the left side. and its loud as hell.

any help would be appreciated.
I have a 90 C1 that was doing that and it was too rich.
believe it or not I turned the pilot screws down to just a hair UNDER 1&3/4 turns out. Now it is so responsive, idles between 1 to 1.2k and I can rap the throttle fifty times and it is just like my dirt bike. The one side affect is that it hits really hard and power wheelies around 30 to 40 miles per hour. This really scared the crap out of me the first time because I was not expecting it at all. Take in mind that my bike is completely stock except for a k&n air filter and punched stock cans.

Chris.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i'll try that tommorrow. i'm currently @ 2 full turns out.

I also have bought another exhaust I bought a Vance & Hines single can system. does anyone have any experience with this setup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts