Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... Just bought a '95 ZX-11 that has been sitting for 3 or so years. Has not been started in that period at all. Got it home, changed the plugs, oil and all the start up maintenance. Boom, fired right up. Only with the choke full and I cannot shut off the choke or give it gas. No biggie, carbs need a good cleaning. But, during the cranking and running, a loud whinning sound is there. Sounds like from the front of the engine. Started it again and no sound. Started later and boom, there's the sound again. Waiting for the carbs to get finished before I can start again. Any feedback would be awesome...

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Balancer Adjustment?

I was just reading all of the posts about the balancer adjustment and they seemed to describe a whining if the screw was adjusted too far CCW. Haven't had a chance to try the adjustment myself so I can't attest to the sound.
Just a thought-

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to let everyone know, the oil pump gear was broken. This was causing NO oil pressure and not letting any oil movement. I don't know if this common or not? But, hope this helps anyone with similar problems...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Won't know until after the weekend. Need to order the part on Tuesday... Wondering what would cause that to happen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.