Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently gave my little bro my old 2003 zzr600 for his first bike and now it wont run. Its been in storage for about 2 or 3 years with no one to ride it in the summer because I've been deployed overseas. Since I've had it, it always been temperamental upon start-up i.e. bogging down in certain rpm ranges, rough start ups. But after its been running approximately 30 min to 1 hour it ran real smooth and had no hiccups.

It ran fine when I put it in storage but he just pulled it out of the shed a few weeks ago and it will not fire up or even give hints it wants to turn over. I was sort of thinking that the aftermarket Muzzy exhaust had some sort of link to the bogging down in rpm ranges. Maybe the carbs need to be re-synced? Vaccum Problem? Bad fuel lines?

I'm just trying to explore every avenue of approach that he can do himself without bringing it into the shop because hes a college student and cash is an issue. I already gave him the bike and bought him a new set of tires so its going to be up to him to get this thing running. Any help would be great!

[/url] 430089_3423133095048_1171845352_3357074_1653534435_n by 1badzx6, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
where in wi are you? Id love to come help work on it xD I have the required carb tools to clean and sync them for you.

I charge beer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that would be great! I wouldn't be able to be there to help because I'm still in Afghanistan but my brother would be there to help out definatly! The bike is in Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin up in Door County. It would be quite a drive if you were to take a spin up there but I can guarantee you would be given as much beer as needed haha. I would obviously pay you some cash if you were going to drive up there to help fix it. I just want to help him get his bike get all prepped for when I get back from this deployment so we can go riding together. Let me know if you up for it man I would greatly appreciate it and I know my brother would too. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
This might be arrangeable. Its only 200 miles, which isn't too bad. Would take me about 50 bucks in fuel if gas prices stay where they are.

I don't know how long he or you want to wait for it, but it would be doable in one long day for me. I have ridden that distance and back in one day many times, only once with the 7, but still.

When are you getting back? I would suggest picking up at least a new fuel filter. Cleaning the carbs is relatively easy, something I hesitate to talk someone into paying me to do, but syncing them requires a special tool.

Does he have a manual, or a laptop he could display a manual on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I wont be getting back until the end of June. But I will have him pick up a new fuel filter and replace it. He has a laptop to put a manual on i just need to find it and download it. It will probably have to happen on a weekend if you do decide to make the trip up because he has class and whatnot during the week. Either way if you decide to make the trip up to help him out your gas, food and anything else that you would need would be covered man so no worries. Just let me know and I can PM you the address.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I'll try and dig up what I need and find a manual link and stuff over the next few days.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts