Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 ZX6R with about 1,300 miles and have noticed that the engine is making a faint tick tick tick sound when I'm sitt'n. I rev it up and the ticking gets faster. Is this normal? It kinda reminds me of someone clicking a ink pen. I hate it. Now when I ride that is all I can hear because I hate the sound sooo much. The dealer is an hour away.. I don't want to drive it that far and leave it there just to find out that iit is normal. Anyone else have this sound or know what it is? The sound is not loud but very faint.

·
Registered
98 Posts
its normal man. It does it in my zx10R and many others have been told its normal. You have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
498 Posts
its normal man. It does it in my zx10R and many others have been told its normal. You have nothing to worry about
it's normal man. i have many colleague riding from zx6 to zx14. they all tick. it's just that some machine tick's louder than others. don't worry my friend.:smile

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I feel much better now. I did a search on this site but could not find anything about this. Damn noise..

·
Registered
10 Posts
the ticking you are probably hearing is the timing chain when it hits the adjusters. no big deal at all. you can get rid of it with installing a manual timing chain adjuster. i have it on my 05 636 and i got rid of my annoying little tick, it just requires adjustments every 200 miles or so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It could also be the CCT. I have a tick that is above and beyond the normal tick a Kaw has. It fades away and is muffled above 6k rpm, and get's quieter as the motor get's revved up, but down low it can be bad. It's all covered under warranty, but still. Search on KawiForums.com about it.

depending on the ticking, it can be normal, or really bad.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't worry man, the countdown for explosion is set for at least 10 years!!!

No seriously, they all do it, but I agree, it is very irritating!!! I hate it too!!!

I have decided now to ride mine like I stole it, and if it want to break within the 2 year warranty, so be it, and if it hasn't broken by then, it never will!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
my buddy had a ticking that did something like your describing on his 07 zx6r. mine never made the ticking like his (which gets louder as you rev). he let our mechanic listen to it, and he told him to take back to the dealer. turns out the valves were installed improperly at the factory. he ended up getting a warranty fix and the ticking is gone. not to make you worry, but it might warrant getting it checked out closer. my buddy did and ended up getting new cams installed, and a new top end.

·
Registered
43 Posts
:crazyloco :crazyloco I think I have same thing..it dose not sound bad it just sounds funny.....almost like it was just made that way....but i was asking myself it was out of the norm

just hit 400mil on the bike cant wait to get in the Revs more:crazyloco :crazyloco

·
Registered
19 Posts
my buddy had a ticking that did something like your describing on his 07 zx6r. mine never made the ticking like his (which gets louder as you rev). he let our mechanic listen to it, and he told him to take back to the dealer. turns out the valves were installed improperly at the factory. he ended up getting a warranty fix and the ticking is gone. not to make you worry, but it might warrant getting it checked out closer. my buddy did and ended up getting new cams installed, and a new top end.
That sounds like my bike right now, i'm gonna take it too the dealer tomorrow and see what the deal is....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts