Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZX 10 motor in mind to put into my 1990 ZX7 H2 bike.
Not shore what year ZX10 engine may may work. My thoughts, the newer the year and less millage, but don‘t know what would fit, or what would work if modified to fit, and what to expect.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
57x is correct. Buy a Zx-10r. There is a guy that partially documented swapping a Zx-10r engine into a P model zx-7r (96-02) that you can find on youtube. Your bike is better off being restored/maintained as original. Not much aftermarket support to gain a dramatic amount of HP.

·
6,637 Posts
You won't get there 92N. He's bent on it. Take a weak H frame that's barely enough for the power Muzzy was throwing at it in 89/90 and put in a big engine that I'm sure cannot fit. I've learned the hard way also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what i know the best you'll be able to do without major engineering being involved is an early model zx9r motor. Search the forums and youll find out about this swap

·
Registered
771 Posts
The Gen 1 ZX9R motor is getting very hard to find.

Ditch the H2 platform too.

At least do the swap on a L or P model ZX7(R).

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
I wouldn’t try to get the 9 to fit either. This frame is a cradle style designed for 95-105 HP. Could put a small block V8 in too but wouldn’t recommend it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts