Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new to the forum. Thought someone could help me with a problem. I have a 2000 Zx-6R. The bike was totally fine and smooth when I stored it over the winter. Lately the weather has gotten pretty good here so I took it for a spin and I noticed that the throttle is not responsive at all also when I took it to freeway it reaches 70mph and barely goes any higher. Anyone have any idea. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could be your air filter is plugged and needs cleaning/replacement. Your carbs/jets might also be dirty.

Those are the 2 things I'd check first.

Hi
I am new to the forum. Thought someone could help me with a problem. I have a 2000 Zx-6R. The bike was totally fine and smooth when I stored it over the winter. Lately the weather has gotten pretty good here so I took it for a spin and I noticed that the throttle is not responsive at all also when I took it to freeway it reaches 70mph and barely goes any higher. Anyone have any idea. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be your air filter is plugged and needs cleaning/replacement. Your carbs/jets might also be dirty.

Those are the 2 things I'd check first.

I ordered a new K&N air filter like the one it has now. and I will look into the carbs as soon as I get a chance. Thank you for your reply. :smile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts