Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 ZX6R.

After storage for the winter, I brought it out and let it run in my garage for a few min. Usually the rad kicks in and starts to cool the bike down around the 80 degree mark, but for some reason it didnt, and the bike started to smoke.

I changed the coolant and the oil (nothing unusual from my usual routine) but for some reason the rad wont engage and the bike overheats.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
are you saying the radiator isnt doing what it should be? if thats the case, you've probably got something clogging it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
check the fuse if any

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try checking the thermostat it could be bad. Also try checking the relays associated with the cooling system. Electric fan could be bad. Those are the most common problems.:crazyloco

·
Registered
17 Posts
The fan should kick in... if it's not, like they already said, a relay/fuse or even the fan could me bad. The radiator is probably fine... if you're sitting in the garage, it's not getting any air fllow anyway...

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
Try checking the thermostat it could be bad. Also try checking the relays associated with the cooling system. Electric fan could be bad. Those are the most common problems.:crazyloco

I would say the thermo too:eek:hno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts