Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just changed the oil on my 91 ZX11 C and the oil light stays on. Anyone else ever experience this problem. Should I check the oil pressure? How? How likely is a bad switch the culprit?

I now notice that the fuel light is blinking too. I just put an extra gallon of gas in there to make sure it is not on reserve. The fuel light still blinks. So it appears to be an electrical/switch problem of some sort. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey Mike, turn the key and push the pedal 3x so you can reset pcm...wait thats a GMC truck. J/K. I know on my 11 the oil/fuel lights stay on at first and I was not used to that. Do they stay on even when it has been runnin for a bit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
sounds like the two lights being on are related somehow. might be a short in the wiring.

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
I would pull the pressure switch (have something ready to plug the hole), clean it and test its function by blowing into it with the key on. Pressure (air, in this case) should turn off the light. If not, and the light stays on after you put the switch back in and run the motor, check the wiring diagram to see if any other components are a part of either side of the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts