Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2011 250r, it was in storage for a couple months, now i start it up and let it warm up as usual, but when i pull the throttle it dies instaently , unless i pull it really slow.., :headscratch this is driving me nuts and i don't know what to do? Any Ideas?

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shuts off, seems like the engine isn't getting enough air and just dies out, I will give you some background information, this was originally my brothers bike, he layed it down, mostly cosmetic just a couple things i need to fix it to get it street legal, turn signals, new muffler things like that, progressive had it outside for two months just sitting there before putting it up for auction, thats when i bought it. after he layed it down, it still worked perfectly and ran, after i got it back is when i noticed this issue, I do have a zx6r but since i am new to bikes i figured i can learn to fix them on this 250 so in the future i can take my zx apart and don't have to go to the stealership.

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Clean the carbs is the answer 99.9% of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.