Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new engine today and trying to figure out the best way to install it. I have a floor jack with rotating bridges on it but not sure if I'll be able to line everything up correct with it. I used it to drop my old engine no problem, but installing it is a totally different story. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Personally, I put the engine on the ground (with two wood pieces to stabilise it. Maybe an old car tire would work) with both frame craddle already bolted to the engine.
Then, I removed the bike's rear wheel and lowered the whole frame over the engine. All aligned pretty well. The hardest part have been to put the bike back on the centerstand but I was alone for the whole process. With another pair of hands, all would have been really easy. Hope this helps...

(NOTE: All plastics and fuel tank were removed during the process)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the engine mounted. No luck with removing the rear wheel. Ended up renting a hoist but all is good. Just need to hook up all electrical connections,carbs and fluids. Anything I need to know before firing her up? Thanks for all your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts