Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS,,
first of bike is p1 zx7r had the bike for 6yrs but only done around couple thousand miles regular maintanance brake pads ,,oil change,, new tires..all the fluids,,ect..ect...
the bike has been ok starting in all weathers ,,, The only fault i had is almost running out of fuel the odd occasion,,,Anyway getting to the prolem now after a couple of shakedowns the bike was running tip top then i start contemplating the zx7r 9r convert...
I put on full leathers.. boots and what not maybe 20 mins into the ride doing around 70 mls per hour suddenly the bike started to slighly splutter for about ten seconds..then before she cut out a big ball of smoke came out from between the gas tank pulled over onto hard shoulder and the bike was smoking for a while..press start button and it fired up so i got of motorway and check out bike oil level ok ..i take the small roads home and on the way the thermo housing burst and this grey steam blew out like the 12:00 oclock locomotive i moved the hose over the hole and filled her back up with water and got her home....there is more to this bt i would like some feed back on these symptoms first so any one else had these problems let me no and what the solutions are ..MANY THANKS....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PART 2 OF THI SAGA
Since this escapead the bike has been splutting when you get up in the high revs and ive checke the bike over and clutch pushrod seal poped out a couple times spewing oil over back tire sealed that but now it will only ride for ten mins and start the splutting fiasco and them she dies and tree occaisons now had to push her a mile home...now the beautiful weather is here no riding im wondering if the cylinder head gasket has blown any advice welcome..

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,477 Posts
I'm assuming this is tied into the other post on the other thread. Start tearing her down. First thing I'd do is take the valve cover off and check for your cam chain guides. There should be 2 right next to it and one on the underside of the valve cover that likes to deteriorate and fall off. If any of them are missing or parts of them are missing, check your oil pump screen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks 92 ninjas ,,,Yes everthing is tied to the one post OH...i forgot to mention on the morning of the euro cup finals i woke up around 4:30am my girl was missing and i had a peek at her round midnite it was raining and she was sound asleep any when i looked the taupalin was spread out and just this dry patch like she took full flight anyway after searching the hood for half hour found her abandond over the next street and a car parked nearby engine running and a car thieving toe rag scumbag gang sat inside plotting their next move they fucked up the ign barrel and they dropped her on the L an R side AS BOTH crash bungs where deployed :mad: that nite/morning half dozen homes where broken into and burgled SMH.. PISSED but luckly i got her back and since then every hour through the nite i have to have a peek she,s still there reason being ive had other bikes imoblised lock up to the hilt and they still get stolen but after all this shite imma get aGPS tracker alarm hope that might help any way sorry about the long winded stories
thanks 1nce again gonna start the tear down refit soon as 🕔🕕🕗🕢💸💸 available

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
thanks 92 ninjas ,,,Yes everthing is tied to the one post OH...i forgot to mention on the morning of the euro cup finals i woke up around 4:30am my girl was missing and i had a peek at her round midnite it was raining and she was sound asleep any when i looked the taupalin was spread out and just this dry patch like she took full flight anyway after searching the hood for half hour found her abandond over the next street and a car parked nearby engine running and a car thieving toe rag scumbag gang sat inside plotting their next move they fucked up the ign barrel and they dropped her on the L an R side AS BOTH crash bungs where deployed :mad: that nite/morning half dozen homes where broken into and burgled SMH.. PISSED but luckly i got her back and since then every hour through the nite i have to have a peek she,s still there reason being ive had other bikes imoblised lock up to the hilt and they still get stolen but after all this shite imma get aGPS tracker alarm hope that might help any way sorry about the long winded stories
thanks 1nce again gonna start the tear down refit soon as 🕔🕕🕗🕢💸💸 available
I'm aware that the UK and the rest of the EU have a major theft problem. I don't understand it since I'm not in the criminal career business. Automatrics MTrack looks to be a really good peace of mind solution if you don't have a garage to keep your bike safe. Check them out on the YouTubes. Great videos. I wish we had their services and product here in the states.

GPS tracker won't ward any thieves away. Just less likely to keep their newly acquired product and your chances of recovery are significantly better. We look forward to seeing pics of your journey with getting her back on the road.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Oh man, they'd have a time to get my bike started. You have to conjure the black magic fuckery from Kawasaki to get my 7 started. It's wonderful. Also, don't those dumb F's know that the Se7en is niche? No one wants it. It's not a go fast bike like a 10r. It's a heavy, underpowered, fat pig and the only way to get any major performance gains out of it is to fit it with unobtanium kit race parts or a zx9r (b model) engine. Bunch of uneducated twats.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks for the advice ...😃😃
oil sreen checked it no problems OIL OK BUT THAT LITTLE PIECE OUTTA ROCKER COVER GONE found some small peices around came chain so the tear down continues
i dont usually discriminate but they where a bunch or theiving bastard ROMAINIANS 🤬🙄👏 just out robbing to make money not thinking about sentimentals they robbed a house with litlle children sleeping upstairs there lucky gun laws are diffrent here cause my son and i smashed there car up with them inside and they sped of into the night👀🗣

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
notice you are over there LAKE CITY I visited around about 2015 tampa ,, miami ... collins ave to be exact where they had that unfortunate accident...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts