Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
just got mine in, payed $69 for the frame sliders and spools combo

now i gotta put em on, not lookin forward to that.
Where did you buy the sliders and the spools for $69??? was it a website or something. I got quoted $100 for the combo from a couple of places.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have those same frame sliders they are good.

i saw spools also but what exactly do they do? what is the purpse?
thanks.. sorry for my ignorance

·
Registered
80 Posts
theres a guy on ebay that sells real OES sliders, its One Eleven Sportbike, the spools and frame sliders were $69 + shipping, came out to $76.

too bad i stripped the hell out of my engine mount screws, i dont know if it was me but the metal was horribly soft, now i have to figure out how to fix it

·
Registered
144 Posts
not just you, lol believe me
if you look around you will see EVERYONE has stripped that right side bolt. bolt out kit is your best friend. Just took mine off today. A breaker bar took the left side off no problem. but the bolt out w/ a breaker bar was the only thing getting the right side out. and THEN, the boltout BROKE, luckily i had already snapped the bolt loose

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm riding around with one frame slider because I stripped the right side as well. My coworker just gave me a pipe wrench to get some leverage on that little bugger. If that doesn't work, I don't know what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sounds like KAWI went cheap on those mounting bolts.... I hate allen head bolts anyway, seems like they are more prone to stripping. Shame on you KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thefinger

·
Registered
4 Posts
bolts

I have them i got the spools and slider for 69 too.

I dont know why every one has such a hard time with the bolts i just went to sears and got a set of allen keys for my 3/8" wratchet and they were off in less then 5 min. down side they are long thats what took the most time.

As for how to get them off once you stripped them. if you have a welder or know some that has one. weld a nut or a grade 8 bolt to it put a wratchet on it and out she'll come. if you dont have a welder most exhaust shops are cool they will do it for like 5- 10 bucks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello. im a new member, but have been browsing the forums for awhile.

anyway, i thought the main purpose of the rear slider spools was to protect the swingarm from damage. i always thought you could perched the stand onto the rear bolt at the end of the swingarm. are those bolt heads too small to support the bike stands?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read about this problem before I even tried to get mine out. Here's what you do.
1) Go out and buy this. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00952061000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
2) Remove the fairing, or loosen it enough to get to the bolt
3) Use the #9 or #10 bolt out (I used #9), place it over the bolt head and whack it good a few times with a hammer. Try to keep it straight when you whack it. (don't hit your fingers or plastic) It should stay on the bolt head as it bites into it.
4) Use a 1/2" drive and it will come right out. (you'll be surprised how easy it does)
5) Get those sliders on and GO RIDE!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
mine just came in today. When i get out of class tonight i will attempt to remove and install the sliders. I got a 75lb torque wrench so im hoping that with the 6mm hex drive bit i can give it a good snap and get it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the dealer threw mine in when i bought it they were already installed along w/ the fender delete and the tinted windscreen.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
mine just came in today. When i get out of class tonight i will attempt to remove and install the sliders. I got a 75lb torque wrench so im hoping that with the 6mm hex drive bit i can give it a good snap and get it out.
I HATE YOU RIGHT SIDE ENGINE BOLT I DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!

well as you can guess the fucker stripped instantly. I think the bolt head is made out of wax or something. I read the stories and was like no way it would strip that easy. Well it did

$60 torque wrench
$30 hex bit set
$6 3/4 drive extenstion bar
$6 17mm socket

and NOW i need to spend $20 more to get the bolt out kit.

$88 for the frame sliders and spools. $120 in tools.

TOTAL ~$210 just to install frame sliders. Ive consider returning the tools but they are always good to have

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid 85 for spools and sliders shipped....i had no prob gettin the bolts out...i used the hex wrench and used the bar that came with the bikes toolkit and they both broke loose....the right side was a little harder...i thought the allen wrench was gonna break for a sec but it ended up breaking free....took me all of 20 minutes....

·
Registered
275 Posts
I paid 85 for spools and sliders shipped....i had no prob gettin the bolts out...i used the hex wrench and used the bar that came with the bikes toolkit and they both broke loose....the right side was a little harder...i thought the allen wrench was gonna break for a sec but it ended up breaking free....took me all of 20 minutes....
the left was simple but the hex head stripped out far too easy than should be expected

1 - 20 of 33 Posts