Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Because, sometimes it's legitimate. Like a replacement frame. Other times, it could be a stolen bike. I would like to think that the seller doesn't know what they're doing. They just put "No Keys, No Title, No VIN." No Explanation. Doesn't have to give one. But, It'd be nice to have one.
Someone buys an expensive R version of a bike. Tracks it, removes all the safety wire, then park it for so long they forget what model it is.

Or..

Steals a bike without knowing what it is and the heat keeps it parked to the point the plastic mirrors decay.

:unsure:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
Because, sometimes it's legitimate. Like a replacement frame. Other times, it could be a stolen bike. I would like to think that the seller doesn't know what they're doing. They just put "No Keys, No Title, No VIN." No Explanation. Doesn't have to give one. But, It'd be nice to have one.
40 minutes left and right now it’s probably the price of the solo tail that it’s at now 1,200.00. Does anyone remember a 93 /94 solo tail for sale in the last 5 years. I only remember one side of one for sale. Who ever is selling it has no idea it’s rare. That said it’s rough as shiiit I’d bet it has a vin probably not the vin sticker. If I was close I would have gone and looked at it and see what’s under the tank. All the external R parts are there and if there’s a vin on the headstock it could be run to see if it’s ever been stolen.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,573 Posts
Sold for 2550 anyone on here scoop it up or is it heading to iconicmotorbikes
I was watching it too. I would've picked it up if I was in NY or if the seller was in FL. Though, you probably would have beat me to it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
Yeah if I could have put eyes on it I would have probably bought it. I don’t really know the actual numbers but I think the M models are the rarest of the homologated Zx7’s

·
Premium Member
6,691 Posts
Yeah if I could have put eyes on it I would have probably bought it. I don’t really know the actual numbers but I think the M models are the rarest of the homologated Zx7’s
Supposedly 50 M models were imported In 93 and 94. Unfortunately they were not on a separate production line or had their own sequential numbers. They were built in small groups on the same line as the L models. I have serial number 0013 and I know where 0014 is. Those are the lowest serial numbers I’ve ever heard of for the M models. I would be interested to know if there are any with a lower number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Supposedly 50 M models were imported In 93 and 94. Unfortunately they were not on a separate production line or had their own sequential numbers. They were built in small groups on the same line as the L models. I have serial number 0013 and I know where 0014 is. Those are the lowest serial numbers I’ve ever heard of for the M models. I would be interested to know if there are any with a lower number.
That M bike was really tempting. I just could not see any value after a full resto and title repair. Maybe if I had a pile of spare parts built up and better painting skills to keep the spending in check.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is #108. I don't remember what number I had on my last one.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
H2 Needs some TLC. Uncommon black with ghost stripes.

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7(J) 2017 Z650
43 Posts
Oh man, that keychain is awesome!

How about a phone?:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
381 - 397 of 397 Posts