Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
261 - 280 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been extremely lucky with my fuel leaks. No ignition. Had it drip straight onto the motor because the float needle got stuck. Soaked it up and dried it. Gasoline liquid isn't flammable. The vapors, however, are extremely flammable.
I am surprised that bike was not a total loss. Looks like the fire was put out relatively quickly. Had to have happened at home with an extinguisher handy, otherwise I would imagine the bike would just be a melted pool of plastic on the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
I am surprised that bike was not a total loss. Looks like the fire was put out relatively quickly. Had to have happened at home with an extinguisher handy, otherwise I would imagine the bike would just be a melted pool of plastic on the side of the road.
I’d have to agree with you. In my humble opinion it’s overpriced but would be a great project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wanted to buy one last year that was in much better shape than that one for about 2k. Overpriced for sure. Left side fairing was repainted before it was damaged. Color doesn't match the upper. Right lower and upper/tail all look like they match. Repairable, but it's a full repaint if you want it perfect with candy. Tank has issues too. Decals are not available for these but I've painted a couple and did the decals in paint including the "NINJA" on the tank. The nice part is frame doesn't look to be damaged.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
I wanted to buy one last year that was in much better shape than that one for about 2k. Overpriced for sure. Left side fairing was repainted before it was damaged. Color doesn't match the upper. Right lower and upper/tail all look like they match. Repairable, but it's a full repaint if you want it perfect with candy. Tank has issues too. Decals are not available for these but I've painted a couple and did the decals in paint including the "NINJA" on the tank. The nice part is frame doesn't look to be damaged.
The brandy wine 93 is by far my favorite none green paint scheme. I did like what you did with that color putting a solo tail on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The brandy wine 93 is by far my favorite none green paint scheme. I did like what you did with that color putting a solo tail on it.
Agreed! I loved that one when it came out, especially with the frame color. Never really cared much for polished/chrome frames but really like that one.

·
Registered
105 Posts

A nice 91 ZX7 on Cycle Trader. Pretty pricey for a J model. Low mileage is good, but those turn signals usually require drilling a hole in the fairing. That is not good. No undertail and the scratches don't help. I'm thinking he is going to need to come down a couple grand. What do you all think?

Reactions: ninjanut

·
Registered
224 Posts

A nice 91 ZX7 on Cycle Trader. Pretty pricey for a J model. Low mileage is good, but those turn signals usually require drilling a hole in the fairing. That is not good. No undertail and the scratches don't help. I'm thinking he is going to need to come down a couple grand. What do you all think?
Other than the issues you listed, and assuming it's original, that's one of the cleanest survivor examples I have ever seen. No corrosion. Very nice.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,807 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,807 Posts
That is Chris at MotoGPWerks in LA. You can count on it being authentic if he says so.
Chris, as in, from these forums?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice stock example, across the pond. Just needs a deep clean. Shipping cost is nuts currently.:(

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
Don’t be confused by the title. These are not M model (1993/1994 ZX7R) carb boots. They are 1993-1995 L model boots. The part number is on them and visible in the pictures 16065-1275 is the part number on these boots. Real M model boots are 16065-1277.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 301 Posts