Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
201 - 220 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
The market is crazy now 57x. Now it's time to sell. You don't find decent sport bikes in FL, and if you do the prices are just crazy
I hope I am wrong, but I feel the coming inflation is going to make these market prices seem reasonable. Not a finance wizard by any means, but never has a "strong economy" printed money at the rate the US has in the past year and a half.
I'll start buying and selling ZX7's again if that bike is worth $5000. In wouldn't give $2000.
I don't think you are ever going to see another $2k zx7r in decent condition.

·
6,919 Posts
I hope I am wrong, but I feel the coming inflation is going to make these market prices seem reasonable. Not a finance wizard by any means, but never has a "strong economy" printed money at the rate the US has in the past year and a half.

I don't think you are ever going to see another $2k zx7r in decent condition.
I just saw a $600 97 sell here in Houston that just needed paint and a carb clean. I've probably had close to a hundred ZX7 variants come through my place over the years. I have no desire to try it again.

This guy has had his for sale here for many months. He's out of his mind if I'll believe he spent $1700 on a shock that hasn't sold new for nearly a decade.

2003 ZX7R

·
Registered
185 Posts
I live in Houston as well, and watch Ebay, Cycletrader, Iconic, Craigslist, Offerup, and Cyclesoup every day. I have never seen a decent condition $600 bike. But then again I am not a dealer with connections.

That 2003 is a track bike, which is hard as hell to sell, never get their money back, and no where near a decent quality oem bike. Plus his price is high.

You probably know way more than I do about this admittedly, as I don't sell or flip, just been hunting and buying for a few years.

·
6,919 Posts
It has all the lights and is stock bodywork, though it's a mix of 01 and 03 bodywork with an aftermarket race tail. I won't pretend to know what the exhaust hanger is. I love that he says it's a full titanium exhaust, when it has a steel pipe and an aluminum can. A titanium exhaust doesn't have a yellow hue like Muzzy steel does. Even the badge on the can doesn't say titanium like this does, much less you can see it's bright aluminum.

·
Registered
185 Posts
All I see is a single image of a track bike with the street fairings back on. No mirrors, no turn signals, no fender or plate. All the upgrades that someone would make to improve a track day ride. And judging by the misaligned fairing decals and poor fitting, those are 2002 Chinese knock offs.

Maybe I am just too critical.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Genuinely curious if this bike will get $7k. I thought at first it was a true mint survivor but the fairings have imperfections and unit has some mods such as fender eliminator and aftermarket or painted-black mirrors.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,693 Posts
Allright which one of you guys started this project and said F it.
What in the.... WHY. Does the engine Vin match the frame vin or is that not a thing? Never paid any attention to it before I had to swap engines

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Engine number never matches the frame.

So basically, this is just an M frame with random J or L parts. It has a 94/95 engine at least.
It’s worth what the frame is worth. It would be hard as hell to build a bike out of these parts.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Engine number never matches the frame.

So basically, this is just an M frame with random J or L parts. It has a 94/95 engine at least.
Is it worth the $2500 asking price?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Is it worth the $2500 asking price?
My guess is no probably under a grand but I don’t think who ever gets it would be able to find all the parts. I hardly ever see M parts come up for sale. The last tank that came up I bought instantly and got it to a guy that really needed it.

·
6,919 Posts
An M frame with title is easily worth $1000, maybe more. It's probably all L parts since it has an 94-95 engine. It would make a great track bike since most of what you need is there. $2500 isn't far off with today's insane prices.

For anyone that wants to grab it, I have a complete race bodywork set with beautiful paint and a few aluminum race tanks. I also have a brand new Penske shock I'm selling.

·
6,919 Posts
If the price drops to $1k, maybe we will get another build thread from CCM or 57x.
Thanks, but no more for me. I'm throwing all my money at my 2000 F250 7.3L. It's something about a 750 rwhp 1500 lbft torque in a 4500 lb Superduty. I think I can get it in the high 10's in the quarter mile at almost 130 MPH.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
If I had the extra cash, for 1k, I'd swap over all my parts over from the L. At least it'll have FCRs on it

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
That bike pictured has CV carbs. I think it is like previously mentioned, M frame with L parts. Really only worth what the frame is valued at. All the other L parts are not rare.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
That bike pictured has CV carbs. I think it is like previously mentioned, M frame with L parts. Really only worth what the frame is valued at. All the other L parts are not rare.
No no no. I have sudco 39mm FCRs on my L

Reactions: ninjanut
201 - 220 of 270 Posts