Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Cheaper quality and will probably take some fabrication to get to match up to bike.

But a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Was wondering what you guys thought about the complete fairing kits on eBay. Are they junk? Are they even worth it?
I just did a detailed investigation looking for Ebay fairings for a 2012 GSXR 600. I E-bay looked up Sellers' buyer ratings, then E-mailed the buyers and they all E-mailed back. I then read a lot of forum blogs, from guys who bought the fairings. Some fairings fit well. The fairings are thinner then stock, tabs after often glued on. Paint is not exact and some decals are missing. No one said they looked like OEM.

We passed on ordering them. We're going to buy OEM as they come up on E-bay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered a set for a gsxr that I had they took a month to get and when the finallly came the colors were off the paint would chip very easily all in all they are junk. buy oem stuff even though it cost 50 times more

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I wouldn't call it fabrication, more like patience and a will to make it work.

Mine "fit" correctly, however all of the holes had to be enlarged to fit the grommets and stuff. And it took about an hour of seriously careful coaxing to get all of the upper's bolt holes to line up with the headlight mounts.

OH, and the brackets on my upper were much smaller than the stock ones, so the stock hardware didn't work. I wound up cutting down some cage nuts and very carefully mushing the sides to get them to fit in place. But, I have it all together.

Lots of trips to the hardware store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts