Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new set of fairings and tryign to keep it low budget. The chineese options on eBay are pretty tempting. Looking at various threads on a couple different forums, the opinions seem to vary as widely as the prices.

Prices seem to range from $250 (+$100 shiiping) to $650ish (free shipping)

Opinions range from "it fell off while I was riding" to "I am very happy."

I am looking for a correlatioin between price and quality. If you have experience with a chineese fairing, how much did you pay and were you happy with it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I had already read the first four threads and they did not have what I was looking for. In the last two threads the posters said how much they paid for their ebay fairings-That is what I am looking for.

Is there a difference between the $250 eBay fairing and the $850 eBay fairing?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've wondered if these fairings were any good or just crap. Are they made of the same material? Or fiberglas? Are the mounting holes there, & in the right place, or are they cut'em out yourself? Would be nice if they were just paint & mount! Have not really checked them out because for the time being, I can still live with mine. Good luck & keep us posted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's a crap shoot on buying those fairings, most of them regardless of price come from the same place, the price difference is just different vendors having a larger markup.

They are not the same material of OEM, they are plastic and thinner, Some don't come with heat shields causing the plastic to melt, fitment can be off and I've heard stores of them ripping/breaking off on some high speed spirited runs.

This is just what I've read/heard I do not own or will ever own non OEM fairings.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Is there not a company based in the US that sells fairing kits? Would be a lot easier to communicate with their customer service if there was a problem. I know I don't speak very good Chinese....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought a fairing kit off ebay for his 05 zx6r and the exhaust melted his right side fairing even after he added heat tape and wrapped his header.. the company has replaced the fairings, but he's afraid of it happening again..

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buddy of mine ordered his complete set from fast fairings.com
They are a company in the us and all his fit perfect. No issues but they were around $800 delivered to his door . They aren't real thin and flimsy like some of the kits

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've ordered from auctmarts on eBay and was impressed with the quality og the plastic and paint. It was about a 90% fit, only had to enlarged a few holes to line up properly. Overall for 550$ delivered I was happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts