Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a couple threads about everyone having trouble removing the right side bolt when installing their frame sliders. You don't need an air gun, chisel or big freaking hammer, or broken bolt remover. Instead of using the 6mm allen key to remove the bolt just use a set of vice grips to grip the bolt around the outside and it comes right out. Tooks me 45 mins to install a complete crash set and hit the road. Nothing stripped or broken. Just my two cents, hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea Id also like to know what bike. I just got the OES sliders for my 07 6r, and have been reading the engine mount bolt horror stories. And does anyone know how the OES sliders hold up compared to the Shoguns?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have always had better luck removing the bolts if the engine has been ridden and up to temp. A bitch on your hands being hot and all but it helps to unlock the bolts.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have always had better luck removing the bolts if the engine has been ridden and up to temp. A bitch on your hands being hot and all but it helps to unlock the bolts.
+1 thats a very good point I wish i had tried that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts