Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Riding my E1 this morning it suddenly felt like it was running low on fuel, I switched to reserve but it ground to a halt. There was fuel in the bike but it wouldn't start and I had to have it recovered. Got the tank off and went strait for the fuel pump, no voltage getting thru but it runs ok if jumped strait to the battery, the fuel pump relay is ok too,i'm not the best with electrics so if anybody can point me in the right direction 馃馃憣

Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
Hi,
Riding my E1 this morning it suddenly felt like it was running low on fuel, I switched to reserve but it ground to a halt. There was fuel in the bike but it wouldn't start and I had to have it recovered. Got the tank off and went strait for the fuel pump, no voltage getting thru but it runs ok if jumped strait to the battery, the fuel pump relay is ok too,i'm not the best with electrics so if anybody can point me in the right direction 馃馃憣
You need a wiring diagram and/or a service manual for your E1. You would need to check the circuit and find what's causing the lack of voltage from completing it.

Reactions: bd9564

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,
A quick update .....spent 4 hours chasing wires and cursing! 馃ぃ finally tracked the fault to a (no longer used and disabled) Datatool alarm which was on the bike when I bought it, one of the wires that had been used to bridge the posts had burnt out and cut the supply to the fuel pump.....clipped and soldered them and the fuel pump lives again! 馃榾 hope this might help someone in the future.....safe rides peeps. 馃憣馃憣

1 - 3 of 3 Posts