Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DynoTune dry Motorcycle nitrous oxide system, Pros and Cons? Looking to get into the 200mph club. I'm 6'3 265lbs, so I'm looking for whatever I can do. Thinking this kit may get me there, just not real sure about the effects on the bike. Any input would be great! Thanks guys (and gals)!!!!!

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=237

Here's where I am at now, pushing 185 True Speed with SpeedOHeeler.....THANKS!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't think you'd need nitrous to get there. Wouldn't a sprocket change and a tuner get the job done?
I have a 16t front, stock rear, PC3, 2ndary flies out and a Jeffo map....tucking all the way i cant get over 183mph....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess nobody has experience with the NOS systems? No input?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know a dry 40 shot on a bike is equal to a 200 wet in a car from comparing gains on a dyno. Might get there with spray but ud deff want a tune for it. The bike I saw had controller sO it would have a separate fuel map for when you hit the horn button (his button fOr nitrous) so when he was crusing he would have a map then start spraying his nitrous map takes over.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm at 180mph on my 636 (police radar gun lol (buddy is a sherriff) with stock gear few basic small mods like jumper slip on pcIII. I'm 5'6" weighing 143 pounds. I'm highly debating on spray to get into the 200mph club as well so keep me posted of u end up spraying

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure the kit would get me over 200, what I would like to know is whether or not it will damage the bike? Are there any bad side effects on the bike?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm sure the kit would get me over 200, what I would like to know is whether or not it will damage the bike? Are there any bad side effects on the bike?
Spraying a stock engine is not a good idea. It might be fine for a while but there will be damage in the long run. Special tune or not. In my opinion and experience with nitrous oxide, you don't wanna go spraying a stock motor.

I think If you wanna join the 200mph club, you should have your ecu retuned because it is restricted. Your bike is capable of hitting 200 without nitrous. Just takes some work to get there. With the other mods you have done already, your more then half way there.

Good luck bro. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Spraying on an automobile stock maybe but a dry 40 shot on a "stock" motorcycle engine isn't bad for it with a tune. You don't need a $5k head $5k block to spray. You can easily increase comp ratio in a "stock" motorcycle from machining the head. It won't blow apart. Done correctly is the issue with too many DIY jobs that give stuff a bad rep. It's deff something ud want to have done for you but a reputable shop. 2012 gsxr 600 40 dry shot and geared and strapped runs mid 9's all day long

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Spraying on an automobile stock maybe but a dry 40 shot on a "stock" motorcycle engine isn't bad for it with a tune. You don't need a $5k head $5k block to spray. You can easily increase comp ratio in a "stock" motorcycle from machining the head. It won't blow apart. Done correctly is the issue with too many DIY jobs that give stuff a bad rep. It's deff something ud want to have done for you but a reputable shop. 2012 gsxr 600 40 dry shot and geared and strapped runs mid 9's all day long
Nobody ever said you had to do $10k worth of head work to run nitrous. That's just rediculous to even assume. A simple head gasket swap could lower the engines compression. And that's not $10k.

I said it may not do any immediate damage. What I said was in the long run there WILL be engine damage. If you go spraying a stock engine all the time how can you say that there won't be damage done to that engine? Even worked motors need work done to them after a while with nitrous.

And what's with the "stock" deal every time it was written?? The motor that OP is referring to is "stock". Unless you consider a Power Commander to be an engine modification.

Stillmackn.. Get your ecu reflashed and remove the restrictions that are in it. You'll hit 200mph.

Nitrous is for pussies.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stillmackn.. Get your ecu reflashed and remove the restrictions that are in it. You'll hit 200mph.

Nitrous is for pussies.
Thats enough to try the ECU tune first! If that doesnt work, I will drive it off a cliff and maybe terminal velocity will get me over 200 :crazyloco:crazyloco

1 - 11 of 11 Posts