Very nice.......is you 636 all stock?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont see any numbers????

·
Registered
18 Posts
not bad since they didn't run it with ram air!

·
Registered
4 Posts
On these bikes, what kind of power loss is there through the transmission. I know a car with a manual transmission can lose 15% from flywheel to rear wheel but I assume a modern sportbike has less driveline loss. With a bit over 108 at the wheels, what do you guys think it is making at the crank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On these bikes, what kind of power loss is there through the transmission. I know a car with a manual transmission can lose 15% from flywheel to rear wheel but I assume a modern sportbike has less driveline loss. With a bit over 108 at the wheels, what do you guys think it is making at the crank.
@ the crank, the 636 should be in the high 130's. Nobody cares about crank measurements except manufacturers. Yamaha claimed their 04 R1 made 180hp. The later clarified that it was from the crank, not rear wheel. rwhp is the only # anyone cares about in sportbike tuning. The torque number doesn't really matter that much (for before mod/after mod comparisons) as long as it is a smooth curve and maintains proportion to hp (ie no loss or dips anywhere).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts