Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been offered free dyno pulls to see what numbers my bike is putting out. i bought my bike as it sits today, the only work i have done to it are new spark plugs, powdercoat rims, and new tires. the previous owner "claimed" this was the work done: full open race exhaust(which is obviously done just by looking at it) mild cams, mild carbs, a slight tune, and some jets. i dont know the brand of any of these. he said he did the work a while ago and lost receipts. he said it dynod at 170rwhp. i have been on a few different bikes ranging different hp's. mine seems quicker than most, but not 170hp. any estimates on what im going to pull at the dyno today? i think ill be lucky to hit 160.

·
Registered
682 Posts
make sure that ALL fluids are up to temp before you do a pull....coolant and oil temps. I think the p.o.'s hp numbers are high but you can get different readings from different dynos.If you see 145 at the rear wheel I would be happy.Good luck and dont blow it up. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sure that ALL fluids are up to temp before you do a pull....coolant and oil temps. I think the p.o.'s hp numbers are high but you can get different readings from different dynos.If you see 145 at the rear wheel I would be happy.Good luck and dont blow it up. :)
temps should all be good, im riding the bike to the dyno, its a 45 minute ride. it shouldnt blow up, were not tuning it, i dont have the money for that, he just offered me free pulls to see what i get. any tips on slight adjustments i can make after the first pull to squeeze a little more out of it?

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
No real tips, curious to see what you get.......

What year is your bike, etc?

I've got bonified Jetted Carbs, Full Muzzy Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Stock Sprocket/Chain sizes and did a dyno and pulled 154rwhp............so IF your bike has modded cams and some other stuff, it is possible to see 170.........

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I think you would be extremely lucky to dyno 145 hp. Many pre 2010 literbikes without internal motor mods dyno between 145 and 155. and like was said already HP numbers between different dynos can vary quite a bit. I think there are 2 HP scales the operator can graph for you. Then there's the "corrected HP" value to consider.

Whatever the numbers come up, you can use these numbers as a baseline and compare to future pulls on this particular dyno. Ask the operator do some printouts for you. You may find that the 1st pull shows the best numbers. the bike will get hot quickly and lose a little power.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im changing my name to zx-failhundred. before i release the results. i did none of the work on this bike except change the spark plugs. the PO did everything, and obviously didnt have a clue on what mods match with what. the main sprayers are WAY to big, the bike is running so rich that at WOT, after 6k rpm, it threw the A/F sensor on the dyno off the chart. the aftermarket cams havent been adjusted properly, and the needles need to be moved a bit. having said all that. 126.5rwhp. work needs to be done. this is why i really dont like buying moded vehicles, but this bike was too good of a deal to pass up. i like moding my own vehicles so i know its done right.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
im changing my name to zx-failhundred. before i release the results. i did none of the work on this bike except change the spark plugs. the PO did everything, and obviously didnt have a clue on what mods match with what. the main sprayers are WAY to big, the bike is running so rich that at WOT, after 6k rpm, it threw the A/F sensor on the dyno off the chart. the aftermarket cams havent been adjusted properly, and the needles need to be moved a bit. having said all that. 126.5rwhp. work needs to be done. this is why i really dont like buying moded vehicles, but this bike was too good of a deal to pass up. i like moding my own vehicles so i know its done right.
Yea bro, sounds like that needs work ASAP..............

:crackup:crackup:crackup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts