Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the privelage of testing my Concours on a Dynojet here in Edmonton.
It was just a horse power test , I have 92000 kms and it pulled 134.24hp. The altitude here is approximatly 3000 ft and i was told that it will make another jump after 10,000 kms . What a great bike to own.

·
Registered
41 Posts
See you have been busy riding DAKA. I would of expected a little more at the rear wheel. I just went pass 10000km but have had mine a few weeks more then you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget the elevation ( three thousand feet above sea level) can account for as much as 12 hp. I was also told that the cpu changes the maping at different kms the last being at 10,000kms. So at sea level we are talking 150+ rwhp for a sport tourer that's incredible. Show me another ST that is as impressive for the money I would love to see it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't forget the elevation ( three thousand feet above sea level) can account for as much as 12 hp. I was also told that the cpu changes the maping at different kms the last being at 10,000kms. So at sea level we are talking 150+ rwhp for a sport tourer that's incredible. Show me another ST that is as impressive for the money I would love to see it.
I guess living at sea level and in an area that's flat as a pancake have it's advantages... :nana :rolleyes

·
Registered
44 Posts
We Canucks seem to put lots of KMs behind us in our short season. Just rolled over 12,000 kms myself. Bike seems stronger all the time to me.
Just put on Calsci 6+ for tthe cooler riding now. Lots of protection behind that big screen !!

ICBM

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Daka, I thought It was just me, but I had noticed that the bike felt stronger just after I went passed 10000km. Is there somewhere where all this information can be seen, seems my dealer does not know about things like HSP increase at 10000km. He tells me the best place for information is here.
Are you still planing a trip down this way next year? Just as a note to everyone else as well, I have replaced rear tire at 9400, and replacing front very soon, right now I will replace them with origanal, as well the dealer replaced both front rotors because one had warped. No questions asked just replaced them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So at sea level we are talking 150+ rwhp for a sport tourer that's incredible. Show me another ST that is as impressive for the money I would love to see it.

Here ya go :

Minus panniers but plus 40bhp !!!

Allegedly 194 bhp,115 lb ft torque,£8995 in UK,so £1000 cheaper than GTR !!!!

Hello you lot,by the way.

I'm toying with getting a GTR and am trying one next week.

The new Busa does also appeal though,having owned the old version a couple of years back.

·
Registered
45 Posts

[Here ya go :

Minus panniers but plus 40bhp !!!

Allegedly 194 bhp,115 lb ft torque,£8995 in UK,so £1000 cheaper than GTR !!!!

Hello you lot,by the way.

I'm toying with getting a GTR and am trying one next week.

The new Busa does also appeal though,having owned the old version a couple of years back.QUOTE] By Cap'n Pugwash:

Hey Cap'n you might better check your star maps again because a Hayabusa is no dedicated Sport tourer. It is classed with the ZX14 which is also not a dedicated sport tourer but a hyperbike. An apples and oranges comparison. The distinction between the two bikes is more clearly seen when you attempt to insure them.The GTR's intent was to begin a new category called Intercontinental Sport Touring. I believe as do most people who have tested the GTR, that Kawasaki has bought enough substance together in this bike to validate their claim. I could/can have any bike I want. I'm lovin' my GTR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Cap'n you might better check your star maps again because a Hayabusa is no dedicated Sport tourer. It is classed with the ZX14 which is also not a dedicated sport tourer but a hyperbike. An apples and oranges comparison. The distinction between the two bikes is more clearly seen when you attempt to insure them.The GTR's intent was to begin a new category called Intercontinental Sport Touring.

We don't have star maps,whatever they are over here.Probably because we don't have to categorise everything to the last degree like you guys seem to.

And there is absolutely no distinction with regard to insurance,as my policy is a RIDER policy which lets me ride any bike of unlimited capacity.

Intercontinental Sport Touring ?

So how long will it take your GTR to ride across to Europe ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
We don't have star maps,whatever they are over here.Probably because we don't have to categorise everything to the last degree like you guys seem to.

And there is absolutely no distinction with regard to insurance,as my policy is a RIDER policy which lets me ride any bike of unlimited capacity.

Intercontinental Sport Touring ?

First of all, with the context of the discussion, this is not an "Us against Them" board as it seems you would have it to be. The true members of this board are united by the fact that we are sure that we have a great bike in the GTR and we are "worldwide". Read some of the magazines if you can mentally stay with the context of the editorials. Most of us owned our Concours/GTR's before there was any press about how good the bike really is. Secondly, I will repeat for you, the Hyabusa/GTR is not an apples to apples comparison. Given the nature of your questions/statements you have already reduced yourself from Cap'n to Private 2nd class. Oh, but Captain is a category of rank isn't it? No wonder you don't know what a star chart is. No, you are one of those who swoop onto a board with the motive to cause disruption. I'll bet you are the one who planted the hoax final drive failure post. As far as your other silly question:

So how long will it take your GTR to ride across to Europe ?[/QUOTE]

Your answer is: It's already there, you just don't have one. Oh yeah, please get the Busa maybe it will hasten you enlightenment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First of all, with the context of the discussion, this is not an "Us against Them" board as it seems you would have it to be. The true members of this board are united by the fact that we are sure that we have a great bike in the GTR and we are "worldwide". Read some of the magazines if you can mentally stay with the context of the editorials. Most of us owned our Concours/GTR's before there was any press about how good the bike really is. Secondly, I will repeat for you, the Hyabusa/GTR is not an apples to apples comparison. Given the nature of your questions/statements you have already reduced yourself from Cap'n to Private 2nd class. Oh, but Captain is a category of rank isn't it? No wonder you don't know what a star chart is. No, you are one of those who swoop onto a board with the motive to cause disruption. I'll bet you are the one who planted the hoax final drive failure post. As far as your other silly question:

Your answer is: It's already there, you just don't have one. Oh yeah, please get the Busa maybe it will hasten you enlightenment.
Thanks,a nice reply.

I wasn't trying to cause any disruption,but there are other bikes out there.I didn't realise it was forbidden to mention this fact here,but I am new.

The remark about riding to europe was just a jest about you stating the bike was an intercontinental sports tourer,so I was inquiring when you would ride your bike from one continent to another,but you obviously didn't realise that.

But thanks for having a nasty dig and accusing me of some hoax post,whetever you are on about !!

Have a nice day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts