Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the dyno run and custom map done for my '07 z6r w/Two Bros slip-on today... Here is the dyno chart with before/after for HP and Torque.. The new map is very smooth. I'm very happy with the outcome - bike is definitely tuned!

·
Registered
98 Posts
my exact readout was this for my 07 ZX10R with full system Akropovic, K&N, Powercommander, and a custom dyno tune
Max BHP: 180.54 @ 12,320 RPM
Max Ft/Lbs: 86.08 @ 8,450 RPM

This is a cellphone picture of my graph

·
Registered
8 Posts
am i missing something? my old 2002 R6 made 103hp @ 14,000rpm and that was with a jet kit and a high mount micron slip on. why is your bike only putting out 97hp? every magazine was guessing the '07 bike to make over
115hp.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well you got to remember that a magazine is sponsered by manufactures so their dyno numbers will be higher ;) also we live in the great state of extreme D.A's.... so numbers will depend on the method of correction used or even if they are corrected... I am also going to assume there was no ram/cold air effect used during this perticular dyno session that make a huge differance.. esp the cold air.. I am going to say not too bad...

But everyone can race dynos but not every can race their bikes ;) lap times, E/T's and trap speeds tell the real story.. a dyno is just a tool to get the tune straight how it preforms tells the real story

Dirty

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to see some more '07 real-world dynos... Then again - I really don't care other than I did the tune, and I got 3.5hp gain. The bike rides great, and is smoother than ever.. Do you really think I care what a magazine has to say about HP!!! I'll never outride this bike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
All depends on the dyno, Dynojet dynos are setup to read crank HP, where as a factory pro dyno and a couple other ones are setup to read true rear wheel HP. Wheather or not thats true i don't know, i've just read a couple articles that talked about it. But 180hp on a zx10r isn't two unrealistic seeing how the factory bike make arround 190+, mind you their blueprinted and what not but 180 rw or crank, thats still allot of fuckin power between your legs!!!:crazyloco

·
Registered
379 Posts
My friend birngs DynoJat dynos and PCIII into South Africa and the dyno can be set up to read either the crank or wheel power. If you read wheel power then a formula has to put in for every bike that goes on as each bike has a different degree of loss due to the drive train.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i ran my '05 636 the other weekend...completly stock....got 106.02hp....I was thinkin that's a little low....but maybe not

1 - 15 of 15 Posts