Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shows before and after for the free jumper mod. Hope this helps guys. It is bone stock other than this mod and has 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes because the valve doesn't open all the way on the non-Malayasia models due to noise restrictions... :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The euro program open the exhaust flapper all the way... and adds exhaust cam timing...

·
Registered
144 Posts
wow, that much increase and look at the a/f! never changes... it's exactly the same as the first run. atleast we also know now the mod is very safe to do

·
Registered
676 Posts
Does this free mod extend the rev limiter past 14,500?
07-08s limiter is at 16.5k, stock and with jumper mod. if your bike is hitting the limiter at 14.5 then your tach is way off somehow.

·
16,062 Posts
I didn't know these bikes actually had a rev limiter. I thought they just had a shift indicator, which could be changed to light up at what ever RPM you set it at. Maybe he just means the light is going on at 14.5k.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I didn't know these bikes actually had a rev limiter. I thought they just had a shift indicator, which could be changed to light up at what ever RPM you set it at. Maybe he just means the light is going on at 14.5k.
True. I forgot the procedure to change that. Stock the shift light comes on at 15k I believe. At least mine did. And yes these bikes do have lumiters. Take it to redline one day you'll hit it I promise!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can tell you one thing, I just did the jumper and the bike seems to climb through the rpms after 10,000 much faster. I hit the rev limiter like 3 times cause I didn't expect it to redline so fast. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression I got.
Richie

·
Registered
34 Posts
True. I forgot the procedure to change that. Stock the shift light comes on at 15k I believe. At least mine did. And yes these bikes do have lumiters. Take it to redline one day you'll hit it I promise!
With the ignition on and the bike not started push and hold both the reset and mode button. The tach will shoot to 14 or 14.5K the shift light will flash I believe, then push the mode button to increase the RPM's or the reset button lower the RPM's. To escape push and hold both buttons at that same time again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts