Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , so I've picked up a pc v and before I fit it I was wondering about map settings .
Having joined the dyno .com site
The mapping available to download raises more questions than answer

So first question I would like to clarity on,,
On most of the maps it's says for stock or after market air filter ??? Wtf
My new high flow air filter boasts that there would be possibly 4-6 hp extra available so how come the maps offered can suit BOTH stock & aftermarket filters??

The other question I'd like some feedback is that my 2010 gen 3 apparently already has titanium headers so along with my decat and mivv race can would I benefit much by changing out the headers for race headers.
I have a few options in regards to end cans including arrow , Leo vince sbk.

Also is there any info on how to tailor a map specifically to my machine as I've watched a lot of Internet videos etc and most people are saying if you just plug it using a standard map you run the risk of leaving 10plus horses on the table, which iam not happy about doing . I don't want to take the limits off but I want to squeeze every last pony from her . She's at 183 on the wheel as she sits now but I've become very competitive again in my latter years now iam back on the tracks after 13 years of being board on the roads much to my surprise 馃槷.
Again thank you in advance for any help guys

Premium Member
2010 Gen 3 what?

You guys with technical questions need to clarify what machine and not expect people to remember or that they had even read your intro post where you define your machine.

The best thing to do is find a good dyno tuning shop and let them optimize your settings. If Dynojet says the same map works for stock or aftermarket air cleaner, I would trust their expertise rather than assuming they're blowing smoke up your skirt. That being said, all machines are different and a custom tune done in the area where you ride the most is always gonna be more precise than an off-the-shelf map.

Stock header pipes will do 99% as well as an aftermarket header, while probably being a bit heavier. Performance-wise, it's about a push. Titanium headers ARE race headers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi , sorry about the confusion, I thought I'd posted my thread on the zx10r section .
I've the last of the gen 3 zx10r
Thank you for your responses though
I thought it probably wouldn't be that much of a difference with the headers changed out . But I will chat to the dyno tune shop near me to see if they would be able to assist without greasing me up before shafting me
Cheers

Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
Hi , sorry about the confusion, I thought I'd posted my thread on the zx10r section .
I've the last of the gen 3 zx10r
Thank you for your responses though
I thought it probably wouldn't be that much of a difference with the headers changed out . But I will chat to the dyno tune shop near me to see if they would be able to assist without greasing me up before shafting me
Cheers
I've been told by a couple of independent shops that stock headers have better flow than what they used to have. So, on newer FI bikes, unless you're going to track it, it's pointless switching out the headers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes since our chat I've found that I ve come across the same info . I only use the bike a dozen times or so through the year. I have so far been out on the bike 8 times this year and half of that was on different gp circuits around the UK so I might change them , but I will see what I can get from the setup I have with the tune shop and keep you posted ..
Cheers for the invite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts