Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Iv used em, There ok, But if your tire is out by more than an OZ, That's 1 oz,
They may not work.
If it's out by 2oz's they definitely won't work.

Not at all speeds anyway.
I had been using them for maybe two years, & then with my last tire change
I noticed a feeling of running over small bumps above 90mph.
So I took the wheel (front)to the shop & removed the beads & balanced it with weights.(was only out 1 1/4 oz).
Got back on the road & took the bike up to 140 & no bumps.

A few weeks later I put the rear on & had the same problem, Same result too.

The main concern I have with the beads is you cant tell if there going to balance the tire until your on the road @ speed.
If tire (like my last) is out more than the beads can handle, then you have to start all over.
And shops don't want to put more than the recommended amount in.

If you do em yourself you might try adding more?? Its just not worth the trouble of having to remove the wheel & remount it twice.
They definitely have there limits.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you friends. I just got my chrome front back, and they used stick ons and they look pretty awful. I am going to Kawi tomorrow and get equivalent clip on weights to replace them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So you need to balance the tire 1st to see what weight it takes?

I guess for the looks of no weights on the wheel it may be okay
:headscratch

·
27,825 Posts
I know a lot of people that will not use Dyna beads. I would not put them in my tires!

·
Registered
307 Posts
So you need to balance the tire 1st to see what weight it takes?

I guess for the looks of no weights on the wheel it may be okay
:headscratch
That's what it boils down to.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thought bout them when I first posted. Won't use them still have not balanced my tires with weights and I've been to 180 with no problem so if it isn't broke I'm not ganna fix it

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thought bout them when I first posted. Won't use them still have not balanced my tires with weights and I've been to 180 with no problem so if it isn't broke I'm not ganna fix it
If your doing 180 & no problems, Id leave it alone.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Only hit 180 once do 160-150 quite a bit at the track. All my riding buddies don't use weights and doesn't have problems either. But then again if you take ur rims n tires to get mounted they will balance them anyways. You can't use dyna beads of ur tires have a rough surface inside the tire anyways so michillin tires are out of the question to even use them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts