Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried running these yet? I'm curious about them. I'll be purchasing a new set of rubber really soon here. May give these a go.

According to Dunlop's site:

The predecessor to the All New Dunlop Q3 Tire, The Dunlop Q2 Tire is one of the All Time Best Sportbike Tires. The New Dunlop Sportmax Q3 front tire sports tweaks, refinments and improvements that promise to deliver race quality grip and long lasting wear. Showcasing Dunlop's new Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT), the Q3 features stronger sidewalls and higher temperature tolerances to withstand high horsepower abuse. Almost over engineered for the street, the Sportmax Q3 represents the best technology for the demanding sport rider who also enjoys track days. This All New Tire is a direct result of Dunlop's AMA Racing Program. Lessons learned in racing make for the best high performance sportbike products.
Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) incorporates a carbon fiber reinforcement element in the Sportmax Q3 tire sidewalls. The many attributes of carbon fiber allow for high tensile strength, low weight, high chemical resistance, high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion
Tread pattern of the Q3 borrows heavily from Dunlop's Sportmax D211 GP-A tire used in AMA Pro Road Racing for exceptional grip in both wet and dry conditions
The Sportmax Q3 also features Dunlop's Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) design for phenomenal steering and handling characteristics, and MT Multi-Tread technology with a tough, cool-running long-wearing compound in the center of the tread plus lateral-grip compounds on the sides

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Yes, they are awesome. I feel more confident on these than any other tire I have tried. I have taken corners better and have about 1/3 of the chicken strip that I usually maintain. I only have the rear right now, but I love it. The transition to the side of the tire is very smooth and they warm up quickly. My only concern would be the mileage I get out of them, but I buy a new set every season anyways.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Plus they are only about $10 more than the Q2s

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Plus they are only about $10 more than the Q2s

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Lots of great tires out there...... I haven't run a Dunlop since the ole 391 days, and they were solid tires back then.

Presently, Im a fan of the Bridgestone Battlaxe S20s.... they are priced right for me, and stick like hell.... I don't have any chicken strips on my back tire.... course, didn't have any with the Michelin 2CTs either... :crackup

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Just a little more to go..

Reactions: Blainethemono

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Mine arrived thursday, not sure when I'll have time to get them on

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
What's a good price and where are you guys getting them from?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I did cycle gear, I could have got them a couple bucks cheaper from somewhere else but then they wouldn't have put them on the rim for me. I think I paid $157 for the rear.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Motorcycle superstore, $265 shipped, front and rear for my 10

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Bikebandit has a pair of Bridgestone S20s for $246 shipped....

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have these on my ZX10R. I love em. Still trying to find what’s best for me. Stick great and lasted longer than the Perrelli I had on. I’m thinking of trying the Dunlop D221 next or the Michelin skorchers but if I don’t get any feed bk I might just go with the Q3’s again just bc of how good they wore, stuck, etc

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had the Q3+ on my ZX10R and they were excellent. I switched to Bridgestones but will definitely install a set of Q4 Dunlop’s next.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Before u do, have you looked into Bridgestone Hyper Sport S22 series?

Totally the bomb

5. 2-Second Faster Lap Times

All Bridgestone motorcycle tires are manufactured only in the Japanese Nasu plant, which is just north of Tokyo. With locale in mind, it’s natural that Bridgestone uses one of Japan’s largest motorsports venues, the 2.3-mile Sugo circuit, as a testing ground. Compared to the former S20, Bridgestone says the new S21 gets a 2-second faster lap time at the Sugo circuit. Until we actually perform a back-to-back test, these claims would be hard to solidify, regardless if I have time on both the S21 and S20EVO. The problem with the latter is the tire was on a bike perfectly set up for me, and the S21 on bikes with stock suspension settings on a slick and smooth circuit. But Bridgestone is known for its claims, and I see no reason why two seconds can’t be achieved with the new S21.
This is their new Beotch, the S22 Oh MY!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts