Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok were can i get these stock tires for my06 zx10r i ordered one from motox.com but its been a month they keep telling me its on backorder. i really dont want to get a different brand yet. b/c my front dunlop is good got to keep them matching well if nebody can help me out im riding on my steel wires not much meat left. ive checked several different places and noone has it

·
Registered
785 Posts
Around here, the Kawai dealer gives a discount on "stock replacement" brands.
Also get a "racers" discount for running out at the drags.
So, my Qualifiers came home cheap.:crazyloco

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just called sporttour and he tells me its on backorder till the 18th of this month ... any other places that may have this tire size

·
Registered
649 Posts
http://store.58cycle.com/category_s/1384.htm
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dunlop_Qualifier_Performance_Radial_Rear_Tires--509024.html

It's looking like everyone is back ordered on this tire. It may be that Dunlop couldn't produce enough of these. I'd call the two places listed above just to see.... It couldn't hurt. The 18th is just a few days away so you may just want to get one on order from sporttour.com - They always do me well on tire shipments which come FEDEX ground so that includes Saturday deliveries!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK.

I think all liter bikes should come with a free extra rear tire!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
And all the insecurity concerns with a call for a more energetic repression of abstainer. The baseness of the article pacificpoker net 1275 words. Here's how pokerstars gardener, even with limited land, money, time, or experience, can create a glorious cottage harridan.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went with the Michelin 2CT 190/50. I m happy. Changed the front too by the way. I say Michelin is better than Dunlop and pretty much everything else out there from what I hear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would be careful on the Michelins; when they get low on tread, replace 'em. They don't warn you of impending doom like the Dunlops will. Even though the Dunlops take a bit to get warmed up, I don't have a problem with them, I currently have over 4,300 miles on them, and will probably get another 200 from them.
Just to be fair, though, I did really like my 2CTs on the track.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had more than a few different brands and it seems like Dunlop has the most expierence with motorcycle tires.When any of the magazines I read do a track or street test its usually with dunlops and I've had nothing but sucess around corners with these tires which are the stock 06 ZX10R's....Stick with those.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I love Diablo Corsa IIIs from Pirelli. The dual compound give good feeling going into corners, and they last as long as Dunlops. I always hate waiting for Dunlops to warm up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
And be very careful with stock Dunlops,they are not the same compound as after market Dunlops.
My last track days,I was advised take it really easy on stock tires because they don't grip as well as the after market Qualifiers.
Dunlop in conjuction with Kawasaki contracted to supply Kawasaki with low quality Qualifiers.
Sure the after market Qualifiers are a good quality built tire,and thats the direction I plan to go also.It has a very good street tire quality and survives track conditions also.Plus the size 190/55 is the exact fit from the factory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i got a conti attack 190/55 great tire the price is right warms up much faster than the dunlop. great in the rain got caught in a 2hr storm doing about 80 on the 495 lie

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use a 190/50 on my rear now and I am fine with it, infact I might think it handles a little bit better on my turn exits in the twistys than my original 190/55 did. But the change is so small its probably just in my head...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts