Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering what dry shot people are going with? I have had my 12 for 2 years and want some more! its a sickness i know, anyway, if you are bored post up what ya think. also i was curious if any of you have tried reversing your shift gearing? I heard its as simple as turning a knuckle on the splines upside down....i think i am going to try it unless someone has a horror story. Ill check in every now and then, thanks a ton about the dry shot. OH OH OH and i was wondering if any of you would comment on swing arm extensions compared to a permanent one piece set up. i like the corners and was thinking about getting just the bolt on for a 3 inch extension or so. I want summer here up in Minnesota and am getting all excited about new things to upgrade and change on my bike. One last thing, i just did an under tail and i was curious if anyone has ideas on placement of license plate. I read up on it in Minnesota and it doesn't say anything about heaving a light on the plate, as long as its readable from 110 feet. I was thinking about putting it in front:squint of my shock, and angle it? Any suggestions, again, any little tid bit is appreciated! thanks again for posting on my random little essay.

·
registered member
523 Posts
You talk tooo much!!!:crazyloco :crazyloco :crazyloco

DR SHOT - Most folks go the safe route and jst a dd a 40 shot. remember you will have to add more fuel via a PC3 or similar to get full effect of the shot..

EXTENSION - if you like corner carving DONT get them... it is a pain to switch out chain everytime you want to carve or drag.. you will also need longer brake lines. I have seen plenty of 200hp bike with extentions.. i have not heard of them failing ever..

UNDERTAIL.. http://www.sportbikeeffects.com/products.asp?cat=8404
dont know about legal issue with plate placement..

SHIFTER LEVER - I dont shit about that also.. But be careful old habits are hard to break

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
can only comment on the plate placement, and not entirely sure of Minn law but.... if you do not have a plate light, how can it be visible from 110' at night? This law is open to interpretation (as explained to me by some boys in blue), ypur plate needs to be readable from the rear, illuminated at night, unobstructed, and not deformed from original shape.

Take that for what it is worth. Unless you plan on running from the law, I would suggest mounting it in the most visible place, with a light for nightime. That shows the cops that you're not trying to hide anything.

Then again, if you're going to Ghostrider it everytime a squad car is behind you.... bury it deep under your undertail and make it hard to see.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i already have a power commander, but thanks about the extensions, i sort of figured as much. People said 3 didnt do a whole ton, but i don't know. I read the statutes for Minnesota and it said as long as a car with operating lights can illuminate my plate im fine, but it might not be a bad idea to put some light on there...cuz i get enough action from them bastards. Sorry if any of you are cops but one year i got pulled over 13 times and went to trial without actually getting convicted of anything. Just a big hassle i tell ya!! haha thanks for the posts i appreciate them all.:mfclap

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and yes i am a bit chatty....i didnt see that until i replied...haha:evil

·
Registered
16 Posts
dry shot!!!!!! u'll love it, I have a 40 shot on my 01 zx12, is it slamed to the ground? cuz u'll need to, i dont have an extension i only have lowring links to the last setting, i like spraying 2 second all the way till 3rd, but fron tire is in the air halve of the way...it pullsssssssss trustme... here's the but....change oil regulary thats a must, i mess up my crankshaft like that, spraying too much almost everyday, and at the day of the track, my last race i spray it and after beating a busa (ofcourse) it start it knocking, and sure enough, i never change the oil, so please do that, if not will cost bout 1,200 to fixed..hopefully that helps

·
registered member
523 Posts
help me out wtf is dry shot?

Dry Shot of N20, for fuel injected bikes {dont think carb bikes can use it} I FOGs the air box with a mist of N20. Most carb bikes get a wet shot.. Fi bikes can also use wet shot.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Mad Max ...... that is OZ fav movie............. great laugh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts