Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***this is not mine i'm just spreading the word for more people to join in on***

The website, after I'd say a month and a half and maybe 100-150 hours of working on it, (straight HTML, PHP and CSS), is COMPLETE. And I need guinea pigs to test it out before full release.

http://www.motopicturing.com/

Register an account here: http://motopicturing.com/?p=register

The picture game posted on this forum and other forums is fun, but cluttered with irrelevant comments and too streamlined to have more than one 'game' going at once. So, for anyone, being most everyone, that missed the topic before I started making this website, I made this website to continue that picture game but in a more organized way. Beyond that, all of the picture game players from every forum can come together on this game.

How it works:
There's tasks, submitted by users via 'Suggest a new task', and each task has its own page. Pictures are posted for each task by its corresponding task page. The primary, meaning 1st picture accepted for each task, picture gets all of the points listed for the task. Any pictures submitted after that picture are 'secondary pictures', and get half the points (rounded down).

A comment system is set up on each task page for the 'community', though a message board is possible should enough requests be made for one. (There's a Send Feedback link at the bottom right that I highly encourage you to use if you use the website.)

The tasks under 'Available Tasks' are removed once a primary picture has been accepted, but until it expires secondary pictures are still allowed to be posted. All completed tasks go under 'Recent Activity' in the 'Pictures' tab.

Each user has a profile page listing their most recent pictures and comments. Each user also gets their own avatar, which can be changed under Edit Settings.

There's a Members page listing all members, which is searchable, and on first page load always goes by who has the most points. (Points are obviously the incentive.)

So, yeah, it's all pretty self-explanatory - too much to explain in one forum post. I don't know how the reactions will be for the website, but with all of the picture games posted I can imagine there's SOME demand for it. I made it with 'GeoCache' in mind, if anyone's ever done that. People post tasks, others go do it.

I am in need of trustworthy moderators to accept both tasks and pictures. The 'trustworthiness' will be based on your rep on this forum. Tasks and pictures are not posted automatically to reduce spam, which is inevitable on any picture website. (Especially a picture GAME.)

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Extra note: If anybody likes this website and is a member of other forums or real-life motorcycle groups, has motorcycle friends, etc. it'd be awesome if you could help me get the word out on this website. I'm not a member of any other forums or many motorcycle groups, so I have very little connections myself in that respect.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
The homepage is straight forward, but some graphics or Pics, would be appropriate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The homepage is straight forward, but some graphics or Pics, would be appropriate.
'Ello, Dieseld. I'm actually the owner of the website -- kind of thought somebody would point out the blandness of the homepage. (Which I agree with, I just can't think of anything else to put on it.)

I'm a programmer, my creativity only goes so far haha. Would you, or anybody else on here, have any suggestions for what else to add to the homepage? (Or change it to?)

And as a sidenote, I feel like a total dickhead for this being my first post on the forum. My name's Zach, I ride a ZX6R, as a short little introduction. :crackup

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
If I still had photoshop I would love to help but even something as simple a colage of bike pics would work.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Yeah, Ill bet on that. Beautiful dairy pillows, but I also just LOVE those long legs... :smile

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
She is freakin hot!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Is that a knife in her sock?
Probably a pen. She uses it to give fake phone numbers to her tables hoping for a bigger tip... Not saying thats ever happened to me :crackup

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Yeah, Ill bet on that. Beautiful dairy pillows, but I also just LOVE those long legs... :smile
Its all good, as long as you scroll down far enough to leave her face out of the picture. :rotflmao

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Its all good, as long as you scroll down far enough to leave her face out of the picture. :rotflmao
I dont know. Her butterface kinda grows on you after awhile. So she lives in Arkansas huh? :smile

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Ok Magic, keep it going...... she may have a fan club in the Great Northwest!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts